Chapter 22

"Early this morning, when you knocked open my door-ah, and I said "hello satan-ah, I believe that it's time to go

"Early this morning, when you knocked open my door-ah, and I said "hello satan-ah, I believe that it's time to go.."
__________

It had been a few days since I had spoken to Harry, neither of us willing to text or even call one another. I think that was it. It was probably for the best anyway.

Between thinking about Jax and Harry, my mind was a mess. I hadn't been busy but my mind surely had and I was tired. I wanted nothing more than to curl up in my bed and sink into it for the foreseeable future.

"You doing much this afternoon?" The new tattoo artist, Jamie asks me as he sits on the desk that I work on. His question brought me out of my day dream which is something I seem to be doing a lot of lately.

We had finally employed two new artists, the second artist Zayn, he was a friend of Ty's who was joining us later in the month when he finishes his other notice or something over in a studio in Florida but it was nice to finally have a full house. Jamie had started on Monday and was already here with a full list of clients which was good for us, well me, since he wouldn't be banking on sharing walk ins or other bookings. It helped.

"Not much, probably just head home. I'm going to have to take the iPad home today, got a lot of bookings to rearrange now that theres two more diary's coming in." I say and he nods softly.

Jamie was lovely, he had just moved to the city with his friend from Baltimore, he was a small tattoo artist there but he wanted his portfolio to grow and thought NYC would be the big thing for him. He was the same age as me and had a great sense of style. Today he had on a large wooly red jumper with khaki cargos and nike retro airs and a bucket hat.

"So you manage the place?" He asks and I shake my head but then think,

"Yes and no, it's not my shop but I help Ty manage from time to time and I do all the bookings and advertising and posting and all the boring stuff. I've been here since I was nineteen."

He nods again listening as I tell him how the shops tends to work, he questions a few things before finishing up with one last question.

"Why don't you tattoo?"

"I have tried but I shake too much and I don't think shaking is a big yes on tattooing etiquette." I laugh as he does, nodding along.

"You right, you right, well, i'm gonna head out. You want me to wait as you lock up?" I shake my head no to him and let him leave, only needing to gather my things and lock up.

I take my time sorting everything out and making sure everything was set for me to go, the last thing I needed to do was take out the advertising for the places in the studio to rent as they were now filled and I was ready to go.