chapter 9

"Hans, bring the cats!" Cale told Hans as he waves for him to hurry. Once Hans brings in the cats, Cale immediately forces Hans out the door.

"W-wait, young master! At least let me say goodbye to the kittens!" Hans screams as he holds on to the door frame.

"No! You have to leave!" Cale screams back as he pushes on Hans's arms. Finally after what feels like forever, Cale gets Hans to leave the room but now he has a massive headache from all the screaming.

"Now that we-re alone, I'd like to have a talk with you guys." Cale says as he turns around to face the cats. The cats act all confused as they walk around with their heads tilted.

"I know you guys are cat tribe children so speak up!" Cale says as he sits on the couch. He sees the cats stop moving around and their eyes widen before laying his head to face the ceiling.

"Y-yes, ok!" The older cat with the silver fur said with a little hesitance.

"Yes! A-alright!" The younger cat says after glancing back at his older sister and then at Cale.

"So what would you like to know?" The older cat asks, still a little skeptical.

"Well, let's start with your names! What are they?" Cale asks as he turns his head back down to face the cats.

"I'm On and this is my younger brother Hong!" On introduces herself and her brother, who nods when she says his name.

"Great! So I'll be going to the capital in a few days and I'll be needing your help for something on the way, mind helping me?" Cale says as he recalls how his father choose him to go to the capital instead of his stepbrother, Basen. Cale would have declined if he hadn't known about the tragic events that would happen.

'I swear I'll get my slacker life even if it kills me!' Cale thinks as he continues to recall the events that are soon to happen, the dragon attack which ends with it and several other people dying and an attack on the Royal Plaza which not only leads to many people dying but scars Basen for life. He can't do that, he can't let himself see more people die or get hurt because he couldn't save them. Cale sees flashes of his old friends and them dying before him and it makes his heart heavy but he keeps a stoic face.

"Helping you with what exactly?" Hong asks with a little confusion in his voice.

"I'll explain when the time comes but I'll provide you with food and shelter in the meantime and guarantee your safety while on this little mission!" Cale explains as he stands himself up and offers his hand to make the deal.

"And if we choose not to help?" On says, clearly still skeptical.

"Then I'll still provide food and shelter for you and figure something else out." Cale sighs, he's not about to force these kids into doing something they don't want.

"Really!" Both On and Hong say as their eyes widen.

"Yes, I won't force you." Cale calmly says as he slowly retracts his hand.

"We'll help you! If you promise to keep us safe and let us back out if we have any second thoughts then we'll do what we can to help!" On says as her brother nods in agreement.

"Ok then I'll make some other preparations then!" Cale says as he puts out his hand to seal the deal.

"Ok!" The kittens say as they put their paws on Cale's hand in agreement.

'Now I need Choi-han to cooperate as well." Cale thinks with a sigh but little does he know, Choi-han is already willing to do anything if it means he can spend even a second more with Cale.