chapter 10

"Hey, Ron!" Cale says despite every bone in his body telling him otherwise.

"Yes, young master." Ron says with his benign smile. Just the sound of his voice caused shivers to go down Cale's spine but seeing that Ron's benign smile was enough to give Cale a heart attack.

"Bring Choi-han here." Cale says calmly even though he's pretty terrified right now.

"To your room, young master..." Ron says questionably.

"Yes, is there a problem?" Cale says confused.

'What's the problem? Ron's never questioned any of the things I've done so far, why now?' Cale thinks with clear confusion on his face.

"Nothing, young master, but if I may ask, why do you want me to bring Choi-han?" Ron asks with a very murderous arua surounding him. Cale flinches when he sees this but stays calm.

"I would like to speak with him." Cale says with a stoic face.

"Very well, young master. I'll bring him immediately." Ron says with the murderous arua still surrounding him.

'Now why is it that the young master wants to talk with this Choi-han guy?' Ron thinks as he leaves Cale's room.

Once Ron brings Choi-han into the room, he shoots him with a death glare, despite that Choi-han's eyes sparkle once he sees the beautiful man again.

"Ron, you can leave." Cale says as he sits on a chair.

"Very well, young master." Ron says as he leaves out the door but not before shooting Choi-han another death glare.

"So what is it that you would like to speak with me about?" Choi-han tries to ask calmly but it comes out a bit too happy.

"I would like to ask you a few questions." Cale says, still with a stoic face.

"Yes?" Choi-han says in a questioning tone. He was wondering what this beautiful man was going to ask him though it wouldn't matter because he was going to be willing to do anything for him and if this beautiful man wanted to marry him then he would of course be willing to do so as well. Choi-han starts to get lost in thought, thinking about his future wedding but later gets brought out of his thoughts by the wonderful sound of Cale's voice.

"Can you protect people?" Cale asks calmly.

Choi-han pauses for a moment and looks at the floor, he thinks back to his village and all the lifeless bodies of the villagers that had always made way to help him. The darkness he felt made him lose control, he killed all the terrorist that killed the villagers but in the end he still lost everyone and he fell into a indescribable depression, but he then looked up at Cale, the beautiful man who came and helped him when no one else did, he was his light and maybe he could protect him if he really tried but he didn't want to risk it, he didn't want him to rely on someone who has already failed to protect people once. So keeping those thoughts in mind Choi-han finally gives an answer.

"No." Choi-han says, disappointed in himself as his head droops back down to the floor. While Cale on the other hand had already expected this answer and already knew how to counter it.

"Ok, can you kill people?" Cale asks even though he already knows the answer.

Choi-han raises his head and looks at Cale. He remembers how he killed the people that killed the villagers. Choi-han pauses for another moment and thinks 'What will he think of me?' Choi-han opens mouth but no words come out, he doesn't know what to say.

Cale notices Choi-han's silence and comes to the realization that Choi-han might think he'll judge him. Cale looks at Choi-han with reassuring eyes and gets up from his chair to put his hand on Choi-han's shoulder.

"I won't judge you for anything so please answer honestly." Cale says with a calm expression on his face.

Choi-han feels a warm feeling in his chest when he hears the beautiful man's words. Choi-han, now confident, finally answers the question.

"Yes." Choi-han says as he looks into Cale's eyes, he hopes to be of some use to the man who showed him compassion and helped him.

"So that means you can protect people." Cale says, everything is going according to plan.

Choi-han tilts his head slightly in confusion, he can't protect people, he failed to protect the villagers.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Choi-han asks with confusion clear in his voice.

"If you kill bad people, you're also protecting good people." Cale says this as if it's common sense, which to him, it kind of is. If you kill a bad person in order to help good people then you're protecting them as well, it just made sense to Cale.

Choi-han looks at Cale as he finally understands, maybe he can repay this beautiful man and protect him as well. This already beautiful man is starting to get even more beautiful in Choi-han's eyes.

"So I'll be going to the capital in a few days and I require your help, consider it to be your way of repaying me." Cale says as he retracts his hand from Choi-han's shoulder and offers a handshake to seal the deal.

"Yes! I'll be glad to repay you in any way I can!" Choi-han says as he prepares to shake Cale's hand but he stops himself once he realizes something.

"What?" Cale asks, confusion clear on his face.

"If I may, can I ask you one more thing?" Choi-han nervously asks.

"Sure." Cale says hoping it won't be something crazy like a duel or something.

"What is your name? You already know mine so I believe I should know yours." Choi-han asks while he fiddles with fingers a bit.

Cale, being hit with the sudden realization that he never told him his name, agrees and introduces himself.

"I'm Cale Henituse." Cale says, still offering his hand out.

Choi-han was a little confused because he heard rumors about Cale being trash but the beautiful man he met was acting anything but trash. Regardless, Choi-han shakes Cale's hand with sparkles in his eyes.

'Cale henituse, I promise to protect you even if that means I'll lose my own life as a result." Choi-han silently swears to himself.