Chapter 16

Once they get to the tourture place, where Venion has the dragon, Cale gets out of Choi-han's arms and has On put out some fog to better hide their identities and easier defeat them though Choi-han seems to be able to do that easily enough anyways. Cale later runs inside with Choi-han and the kittens use their poison and fog to defeat everyone inside the place.

Once Cale sees the dragon, he notices all the scars on the dragon who is about 4 years old. The dragon has been dealing with nothing but abuse since they were born so it's no wonder they went berserk, originally the dragon was suppose to die after going berserk living them with nothing but a pitiful 4 years for a life so Cale wants to set the dragon free so they can live the rest of their life happily.

As Cale approaches the dragon, the dragon looks skeptical but seeing as this may be his only chance to leave, he gets in Cale's arms. For once in the dragon's life, they felt a sense of happiness that someone was actually willing to help him instead of torturing him but it didn't last long after the young dragon relized all the other possibilities that this human may want him for, whether it be to tame him or orture him more, this dragon's not having it and he plans to make that very clear.

Cale makes sure not to step on any of the bodies that are passed out on the ground as he makes his way to a wall. In the novel was a wall that had a secret passage behind it that not even Venion knew about but he would not be strong enough to break it so instead he went to Choi-han, who's strength is probably enough to even overthrow Ron who's a literal assassin.

"Choi-han, punch this wall." Cale says in a calm voice though he's a little scared that Choi-han would use too much strength and the whole building would fall.

"Okay, Cale-nim! Seeing that this wall isn't strong, I'll only use a little bit of my strength!" Choi-han excitedly says, Choi-han's happy that he can be of some use to Cale-nim.

'A little bit of strength, you've got to be kidding me! This wall is incredibly thick and it's only the beginning of the novel! Just how strong are you?' Cale thinks as a few shivers go down his spine.

Choi-han breaks the wall with no problem and much to his surprise, it reveals a hidden passage. Choi-han looks at Cale's unsurprised face and can't help but think, 'Wow! Cale-nim is so smart that he was able to find a hidden passage behind a wall just by looking at it! Kind, beautiful, and smart! Cale-nim is truly amazing!'

They exit the place through the hidden passage and walk far enough from the place till they reach a forest. Cale sits down the young dragon and gives it a health potion so they can heal. As the dragon feels himself getting better, he remembers all 4 years of the abuse he had to deal with, the pain he'd feel for being beaten for no reason at all. Once the dragon was healed, Cale asked the young dragon a question.

"What are you going to do now?" Cale asked as he put the glass bottle on the ground after realizing the suit didn't have pockets.

"I'm not going to let you tame me!" The young dragon immediately says.

"I don't plan to tame you, now answer my question, what are you going to do now?" Cale calmly says, it makes sense that the dragon would be skeptical since of the type of people he's always been surrounded by.

The young dragon was stunned by what Cale just said, he's never been given a choice of what he wanted to do. He's never been given a chance to speak either so now having a choice, a warm feeling grows in the dragon knowing he will finally have his happiness.

"I want to be free!" The dragon looks up at Cale with a determined look in his big blue eyes as he says his answer. Yes, he'll live freely and do whatever he wants, he'll eat when he wants, sleep when he wants, and play when he wants, he'll be happy.

"Great! Then I'll leave you to it!" Cale says as he walks off with a smile and Choi-han and the kittens follow along with him. He was already expecting that answer, after being used as a punching bag since they were born, it's no wonder they would want to be free.

Once they got back to the inn they're staying in, Cale changes into some night clothes. Cale just wanted to sleep because saving a dragon was a lot of work and he just wanted to slack around but the On and Hong were a little sad about not having a new little brother so Cale had to make them sleep first otherwise he'd hear them whining all night. By the time the kittens went to sleep, it was already late at night. Cale was going to sleep himself but he then heard a knock at the door.

'Who can be here at this time of night?' Cale thinks as he opens the door to see Choi-han. Choi-han looked a little messy since he couldn't sleep, he had come to Cale to ask for something though it's a little embarrassing to do so but he really couldn't sleep and without sleep, he couldn't protect Cale properly so he needed to ask this.

"What do you need?" Cale says, he's a little surprised that Choi-han's awake right now but he's also awake at this time so he can't really say anything.

"Cale-nim, can I ask you something? I know I shouldn't ask this because of all you've done for me so far and you're free to decline if you're not comfortable with it!" Choi-han nervously says. He really doesn't want to do anything that might strain his relationship with Cale and he considers turning away but he's already too far into this to back out.

"Okay, so what do you need?" Cale says, he doesn't know what Choi-han wants but he figures it can't be too bad, or at least he hopes it's nothing bad.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Choi-han quickly says, he seriously wants to sleep and something tells him that as long as Cale is there, he can but now that he has said it, he's scared that Cale will hate him.

Cale considers saying no but looking at Choi-han, it reminds him of when he was a kid. When he was a kid, he was really scared of thunderstorms and could never get to sleep during one. He remembers that during one particular storm that had such loud thunder that it felt like the whole place was shaking, he was so scared that he started crying, the other kids in the orphanage got annoyed and just told them to shut up. He couldn't stop crying until one of the kids offered to sleep with him and he accepted. The kid was very nice and held him to let him know he was safe, ever since then, he wasn't scared of thunderstorms anymore or he would stop crying because of them at least. The kid later got adopted but he could never forget the warmth he felt when they comforted him and seeing Choi-han in this state made him feel bad so he figures it can't hurt to let him sleep with him.

"Fine, come in." Cale says as he directs Choi-han to the bed. He figures that this can repay him back for helping him save the dragon.

Choi-han perks his head up when he hears Cale agree and goes to the bed. Cale carefully moves the kittens, making sure not to wake them up and makes enough room for him and Choi-han.

Choi-han gets on the bed after Cale and instantly feels his eyelids get heavy, it's like now that Cale is here, he can feel at peace and sleep. Cale is already too tired to care about anything and snuggles into Choi-han's chest with the kittens in the middle, Choi-han's face reddens and he puts his hands around Cale's waste, he wanted to make sure he gets to see the beautiful man who helped him in his time of need in the morning.