Chapter 12

In the morning, Cale feels pretty drowsy and can hardly keep his eyes open.

'Seriously, why wasn't I this tried at night?' Cale thinks with annoyance as he gets up from bed. His annoyance only increases when he sees Ron with his stupid lemon tea that he insists is good for him.

Cale drinks the lemon tea in one big gulp with the awful sour taste that makes him internally grimace though his expression is still stoic. Ron notices Cale and his displeasure for the tea but decides to take this as some time of opportunity to make Cale fall for Beacrox.

"You know young master, my son hand-squeezed those lemons himself." Ron says with his still terrifying benign smile on his face. Cale immediately feels a shiver crawl up his spine.

"Is that so?" Cale is currently terrorfied when he starts to wonder if Beacrox was mad about how he was cooking in his kitchen last night and now wanted to poison him, why else would Beacrox go through the trouble of hand-squeezing the lemons?

"Yes, young master. Now if you would please allow me to get you ready for today, seeing as you will be heading to the capital." Ron looks at Cale, waiting for an answer.

"You already chose out my clothes last night so I'll just wear those." Cale says as an excuse to get out of spending anymore time with Ron.

"Very well young master, I'll be excusing myself then." Ron says as he leaves out the door and Cale releases a breath he wasn't aware he was holding.

Ron is met by Beacrox who was apparently waiting outside the door. Ron already knew what Beacrox wanted and Ron was fully prepared to answer.

"So did the young master like his tea today?" Beacrox casually asks despite his burning anticipation. Ron looked at Beacrox, his son had never fallen in love before and Ron couldn't help but blame himself even though he knows it isn't his fault. After their home was destroyed and the loss of his wife, Beacrox was forced to mature much quicker than he should have and now Ron just wants the best for him.

"Yes, I would say that he enjoyed this moringa tea much more than usual." Ron says a little teasingly at the end. In his eyes, Beacrox deserves his happiness and whether that be with Cale or anyone else then so be it, Ron will support it.

Beacrox's ears turn pink as he imagines Cale and him sipping the lemon tea that he made for him. Before he would feel incredibly ashamed of himself for thinking such things but now he wants to indulge in them a little more despite knowing that it would be impossible for a mere servant and a noble to enter a relationship.

'Actually, would it be impossible?' Beacrox thinks as he excuses himself from the conversation with his father and heads to the kitchen to grab some utensils that Hans was assigned to pack but later forgot.

Cale was a noble and just the thought of him pursuing a servant and a man at that would be frowned upon but seeing as Cale is seen as trash in the public's eyes, would anyone really care? People would just think that this would be typical behavior for Cale and live life as normal, Cale's reputation makes it so he can do whatever he wants without having to worry about how he will be perceived in the public's eyes. Beacrox realizes this as he gets to the kitchen, as he mutters the words "Cale, would you choose me if you had the chance?"

He feels his heart beat faster and his cheeks warm up, knowing that he may actually be able to pursue Cale gives him a sort of hope he never knew he could feel, a hope that causes a faint smile to appear on his face. Beacrox doesn't often smile and when does smile, mostly because he's not often happy but right now he feels like the happiest person in the world. Beacrox grabs the utensils and heads over to the carriage to put them somewhere, his smile still evident on his face. 

Lately my internet has been a real problem so I have't able to write anything but I finally had it fixed and will be uploading more chapters. Also I was pretty scared when I uploaded the last chapter since I was having a lot of trouble with getting Beacrox's personality right but I was really happy to see you guys had liked it so please feel free to leave comments because it really makes me happy when I get to see people enjoying this fic as much as I enjoy writing it!