chapter 1

Disclaimer: I doing this all based off memory so if I get something wrong ... Blame the God of Death

Kim Rock Soo, now Cale Henituse, a character in a novel he read called "Birth of a Hero" who is pretty much trash. Kim Rock soo, no Cale looks in the mirror unable to comprehend what he's seeing until he hears a voice that he doesn't recognize but immediately knows who it belongs to, Ron his butler and also an assassin.

"Young Master, I see you're already out of bed." Ron says with his benign smile which sends chills down Cale's spine.

"Yes." Cale replies with not much expression in voice.

'Seriously, did they not do any sort of background checks or something? Maybe it's because he's an assassin." Cale thought to himself.

"Young master, would you like to come eat breakfast with your family?" Ron says with his benign smile still plastered on his face which gives Cale a mini heart attack.

Cale pauses for a bit, hearing the words 'your family' felt strange to him seeing as he's been an orphan all his life and the people he could ever call family are all dead, it kind felt nice to know he now has a family in this body but it also hurts because it's not HIS family, it's Cale's not Kim Rock Soo's family.

"Yes." Cale says with not the slightest bit of emotion, it didn't feel right to be happy about eating with someone else's family in someone else's body. Cale then notices Ron staring daggers in him and a flood of terrified thoughts invade his mind.

'Oh dear God! What did I do?!'

'Why is he staring at me like that?'

'What if he wants to kill! Am I going to die or something?! Wait, it's way too early for Cale to die, did I do something wrong?!'

Though Cale may have a stoic face, his thoughts are running wild, thinking the worst is to come but he calms himself down with the thought 'It's too early in the story for me to die.' So Cale finally musters up the courage to say "What?" which may not sound very remarkable but Cale considers it an achievement since he's saying this to a freaking assassin.

"If I may young master, you seem to be a bit out of it, are you perhaps still tired?" Ron says with his sickeningly sweet smile which feels like it's main purpose is to drive Cale crazy.

"Yes, maybe." Cale says lazily as he walks himself out the door while he's internally having the biggest heart attack after talking to a freaking assassin.

'I can't wait to send him away with the protagonist!' Cale thinks, imagining the freedom he'd feel.

The protagonist, Choi-han is a insanely overpowered hero who lives in Harris village but after everyone there got slaughtered he killed a bunch of people of an organization who were responsible for it. Unfortunately enough for Cale, he ends up getting mixed up with Choi-han and nearly gets beaten to death by him. The injuries will leave a lot of permanent scars on him and probably drag him down when the war comes.

The War is destined to last several years and lead to many people's lives being lost which would most likely include Cale seeing as those injuries would leave him extremely vulnerable.

As Cale walks down to the dining hall, he thinks on what to do about the upcoming war and how not to die from it.

'Should I receive fighting lessons? Nah! Too much work!'

But then a wonderful idea hits him!

'I move away from the war and live a peaceful slacker life without anyone bothering me! The Hentiuse family is practically known for its cash so it won't be a problem if I take some money and buy a home away from any territories!' Cale thinks with sparkles in his eyes and a bright smile on his face.