𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷 - 𝙰 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝙳𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Two days passed in the blink of an eye and the next thing I knew I was scrambling around getting ready for my first day.

"Okay, okay are you ready? Nervous? Excited? Hearing aids fully charged? Got your spares?" Anthony rambled down the phone.

I couldn't help but laugh at how stressed he clearly was on my behalf. "I'm fine Eddie, little nervous but the good nerves. I'm excited, you can breathe alright? It's a 48-hour shift so I'll call you when I finish. Love ya, bye."

After sorting out a bag and actually listening to Anthony, checking my spare aids were packed I gave myself a quick once over in the mirror. As I did whenever I went out in public, I'd put in my coloured contact lenses and applied enough make-up to cover the majority of scars. It saved a lot of staring and unwanted questions. Opting to throw my hair up in, I quickly styled a messy bun before racing out the door.

After officially hitting multi-billionaire status and moving away from the comforts of the Malibu mansion, aka Anthonys toys, I figured I'd need a car so that I wouldn't have to constantly use my bike. Since it was just for me I thought I'd have little fun and go for something sporty. I was fully backed up by Anthony on my choice when I sent him pictures of the model, which is how I landed up with a new Porsche.

 I was fully backed up by Anthony on my choice when I sent him pictures of the model, which is how I landed up with a new Porsche

☞ ☞ ☞

Arriving at the hospital weirdly felt less daunting today than it did the last time I was here.

When I got up to the surgical floor I was ushered into one of the operating rooms where my fellow interns had began to congregate, all looking around in awe at the equipment. My eyes however were on my new boss.

"Each of you comes here hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you." Dr Webber addressed the room.

I had to give it to the chief it was a good speech even I felt a wave of panic wash over me. I let my eyes roam the room watching everyone else expression - sheer terror and awe. Clearly having finished his speech everyone moved to exit and head to the locker rooms.

Having brought my own scrubs I threw my bag into a cubby while everyone waited to get their provided scrubs before dipping into the toilet to change. Doing so out in the open was not something I was comfortable with. While I knew I'd get comments on buying pricey personal scrubs, I'd be spending the majority of my time in them so investing in comfortable, fitting scrubs was a necessity for me. Having more than enough money also played a huge part.