𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼 - 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢

While pottering about the kitchen making myself dinner, I caught the unmissable sound of high heels clicking their way to my location. Given Anthony had left not that long ago there was no way he was back with a conquest for the night so I wasn't surprised when Pepper turned the corner and into my line of sight.

"Hey hun, I just wanted to pop in before I head over to the benefit. Did Anthony open the package I brought him last week?" She breathed out in a rush as she took a seat on one of the bar stools in front of me.

I continued to chop vegetables as I spoke. "Ahh so thats what was in it. He mentioned something about not actually getting a proper invitation. Yeah, he opened it earlier and left about-" I quickly checked my watch. "-half hour ago."

"Well I cant say I actually expected him to go. Looks like I'm not completely off the clock tonight!" She sighed. Finally looking up at her I noticed that while completely dolled up and beautiful, she looked tired. "Anyway, I just wanted to catch you up on the numbers for Stark Medical since I didn't get chance last week. I've forwarded over a few emails that I need your opinion and signature on as soon as you can but overall business is very much on the rise. Profits are currently up by around 45.8% so as per your wishes you've now paid back Tony for the startup funds, the interest rate you offered along with the tuition fees you borrowed from him. I believe you'll find your bank account is looking extremely healthy." Grinning at me she finished reading off everything she had written on the notebook in front of her.

"Well okay then, thats - well that's amazing news, thank you Pepper. I've got a meeting with my CO in the morning so I'm going to try and get a bit of an early night tonight but I'll make sure to get the e-mails actioned tomorrow afternoon at the latest for you. You however are now done for the evening. Go to the party and let your hair down please. If Anthony gives you too much trouble give me a call and I'll come and get him."

"Not a problem hun, don't rush I can imagine the meeting tomorrow will be taking enough of your energy." I didn't actively mean to but I nodded with raised brows at this. "I'm sure he'll fine - enjoy your dinner by the way it smells delicious." She called as she, like Anthony did earlier, sauntered out. When they were going to figure out they were perfect for one another I didn't know.

☞ ☞ ☞

Usually I'd eat my dinner in the living room but given the gaping hole in both the floor and ceiling which Pepper thankfully did not encounter on her visit, I opted to eat in my room.

Getting comfy in bed, I opened up my laptop to my emails to try and sort them while I ate to give Pepper one less thing to worry about. Flicking the tv on for some background noice, I was unfortunately met with the face of a female reporter.

"Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society. Stark hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference. Some claim he's suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from him tonight." She reeled off staring directly at the camera. The stoic look on her face was soon swapped out for a look of surprise as the camera panned over the red carpet to point directly at none other than my brother, making his grand entrance.

The screen soon shifted to another camera pointed directly at the creep himself - Obadiah Stane. He was clearly answering the male reporters question regarding the company.

"Weapons manufacturing is only one small part of what Stark Industries is all about, and our partnership with the fire and rescue community." He reeled off in a far too practiced manner.