Chapter 6

Conflict

Samantha has been unable to sleep for the past week due to her meeting with Venom's resemblance. From the unusual to the monster who arrives out of nowhere and harms them and others. Another symbiote requires a stronger body to function. In other words, if both of them take action to arrest and kill the monster, many innocent citizens would perish.

"Venom, what are your thoughts on what's happened in the last few weeks?" Sam inquired. He appeared behind her and glared her down.

"Hmm...I'm hungry; can't spill the tea without an offering," Sam grumbled and rolled her eyes in frustration. She believed conversing with Venom was foolish and pointless.

He exclaimed, "I heard that!"

"Really? I'm serious here, and then you told me that!" she yelled as she snatched the pillow and hurled it at him, Venom striking him in the eyes.

" Ouch," he responded slowly and sarcastically.

"You know, you're an unpleasant burnt rubber! I don't want to talk to you any longer." She stands up and walks away, almost slapping her head as she realised Venom was within her and his head was tied to her back.

She swore at herself. And then stop walking and return to the couch.

He responded, "What an idiot, you forgot that I am inside your body."

She breathed deeply. She was attempting to relax. "Done?" she replied, rolling her eyes again. "Call me an idiot, moron, bitch, don't have a brain, etcetera."

"You always rolled your eyes as if an exorcism had just occurred." he said.

 " However, there is another reason to roll your eyes. Maybe you'll cry with happiness." He purred before winking at her. Samantha gives him a vexing and repulsive stare. 

" You are disgusting!" She said.

"Call a priest and tell him there's a tremendous malevolent spirit controlling me every. Fucking. Day!" she muttered. Samantha rubs her temples to relieve the pressure on her temples.

" Riot." Samantha was about to fell on her couch when she heard Venom after a minute of stillness.

"Jeez, Venom. Can you—could you give me a warning if you want to tell me something? You're the reason I'm having a heart attack," she paused, her breast clutched. Venom reappears for the second time. Samantha took a proper seat and looked at him, bewildered, as she sought to connect the words he had just uttered.

"Is that a location name? A person's name? A plan—"

"We aren't human." He groaned.

She gasped, "So he had a name? How cool?!" Venom was stunned by what he had heard. Samantha, of all people, will be overjoyed to learn that they have a name. Was she born with this level of stupidity? Or did she not think clearly because she was stressed?

With a grunt and frustration in his voice, he continued, "Really? Sam? Did you amaze to another form of creature that almost killed us?"

She crosses her legs and makes a post as if she's trying to think, despite her desire to avenge her friend for bothering him.

" Nah. His name is so negative. Riot? There's a lot of names out there billions of years ago, and your daddy or whatever you're called named him a fucking Riot? That's hilarious. Sorry. I'm overreacting."

"Our ancestors named us based on our mentality or character," he explained. "Perhaps he named him Riot because he often causes havoc in our group."