Epilogue

New beginnings

Three years after casting the spells that altered her way of life, Samantha has finally accomplished her goal of earning a degree in civil engineering. But she didn't read the letter Harrow wrote for her or learn what was within. She spent the day debating whether to read the letter and discover the truth, but instead she drank something while gazing at the letter. She was, however, ecstatic to get her certificate in front of a large audience as they applauded her success. That was the happiest day of her life.

She didn't quantify her happiness when, after months of studying, she passed the bar exam she had taken. Despite all of her current accomplishments, there is still something lacking. Samantha imagines a scene in her thoughts where her parents are present and are praising her for her accomplishments.

She holds her diploma aloft as she pays her parents' graves a weekly visit, informing them she was a certified engineer. After her stay, she continues working at the café while spending time with her coworkers, particularly MJ, whom she saw as Samantha's best friend.

Even though Samantha lives by herself in her apartment, her life still continues. Every birthday or other occasion that requires a family or someone, she celebrates alone by watching Netflix or napping all day. She is also looking for Eddie Brock, who Venom mentioned when they were in the statue years ago, but she has a lot of work to do, so she has not been successful.

She tries to meet someone online, but she has never been successful at it, or perhaps the males always run away once she shows them her face. Samantha is unsure of what is causing the issue on her face. Maybe the boys don't have a true dick to confront a woman like her.  Until she chooses to stop looking online. Her optimism that she would meet the right man soon will come true when the moment is right. If you want something to be flawless, you don't need to rush.

Samantha and her coworkers went out to a bar one evening for drinks. Harold's birthday was being celebrated at the time, and he invited all of his coworkers to attend. Samantha wanted to decline his offer but felt that since it was a close friend from work, she should go and celebrate his birthday with him.

The entire event was filled with booze, couples kissing on the dark side of the pub, cigarettes, sex, pukes, trash, and many other things. MJ skipped his party because she had to attend to a crucial issue involving her school. Samantha communicates with her and informs her of the events at Harold's birthday celebration. Due to the amusing comments from both parties, they ended up laughing out loud till MJ had to cancel the call due to her mother shouting upstairs. They exchanged a final wave before hanging up to terminate their call.

When she exits the bar at midnight, she is inebriated and has blurred vision. To maintain her equilibrium, she must to grasp onto every wall. She succeeded in getting to her house. Since the celebration was held close to her home, she is no longer inconvenienced. Samantha will not squander her money by hailing a cab. After opening her door, she immediately shut it before running to her couch and closing her eyes for a long nap. She did this without thinking about the consequences of drinking alcohol tomorrow or the agony it would give her when she wakes up.

•••

She kindly asked her pal, "MJ, do you have any painkillers."

MJ looks through her suitcase to see if she has anything that could help Samantha's severe headache. The fact that her pal still has some medicines in her luggage makes her lucky today. As she filled the water cup, she gave it to Samantha. " You're lucky, girl, that's the last shot of pills in my bag." she added, handing her a shot to drink.