Chapter 17

Through the dark

What does it feel like to have a place to call home? What does it feel like to receive loving embraces from your loved ones? What does it feel like to be able to chat to someone about your difficulties while they listen to you? Missing those days, she wishes she could return to them, and she swears she would not waste another moment with them.

Samantha is panting and perspiration are building on her forehead when she wakes up. Her hands were used to wipe it away. She scanned the unfamiliar location where she was currently staying. So she made the decision to stay here in the meantime and allow herself to recuperate. When Venom was taken by her body, she realised she couldn't cure her wound in a matter of seconds. 

Samantha returns to her sleeping position, marvelling at the decorations in the room. Because of the style and ornamentation of this chamber, she feels as if she is royalty. She sniffed the cushion and saw that it reeked of a man's perfume. The pillows smelled like shit the last time she slept in the hospital bed. 

"You are now awake," the sorcerer said as he entered the chamber.

She snarkily answered, "No, I'm still sleeping. Get out!" Trying to irritate the man who assisted her. He chuckled, and then he inched closer to her.

"Your wounds are healing nicely now. You should relax for a bit, and this time, follow my directions. I don't want anyone being difficult."

She smirked. "Like you?" she asks boldly. 

She was disregarded by the man. Samantha is intrigued by the mystery surrounding the sorcerer. She opened her mouth, but no words came out of her sarcastic mouth. Her eyes trying to see what he was carrying caught the man's attention. "I'll let him get back to you, then come downstairs and meet us there," he says.

•••

Samantha asked the young guy, "Why are we here, Peter?"

They've arrived at the huge electric field that powers the entire city. Before they arrived, the sorcerer placed the jar on a tiny table near her, and she discovered Venom inside. When she saw her pal again, her enraged mood changed. She didn't hesitate to open the container and reach out to make touch with the symbiote with her hand.

"I'm ecstatic to see you again, mate. After all the trials I've gone through without you, my existence would be meaningless without you." She spoke to the symbiote that instantly spread to her hand, and Venom didn't waste any time returning to her body and healing the wounds she felt.

He rants at her, "I've been stranded on that location for too long, and I'm still angry at the wizard because he didn't accomplish what he promised to me, which was to devour the little boy's head till he collapsed in my mouth!" Her day is made when she hears Venom's voice again. Samantha misses him terribly.

"I miss you, Vems," she said, his face almost clownish with a bewildered and denial attitude.

"I'm not missing you, Sam." He snarled, "You stupid."

" Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you miss me.  Come on, if I had to fight that handsome sorcerer to get you, do you think I deserved an I miss you thingy for someone like you?" Venom sighed and rolled his eyes at her as she pouted at him.

He ironically asked, "Fine. I miss you too, you puny human. That, I did it. Happy?" Samantha smiles and gives him a thumbs up. Samantha's body is infected with Venom again. Before she vanished at the sorcerer's room, she exhaled first.

Returning to the future, Samantha and Peter are standing near the large electrical outlets. If they make one wrong move, the entire city will black out, and they will have to face the repercussions before they can remedy the situation.