Chapter 3

The stranger

"I've been looking for a job for three days and they still haven't hired me!" I moaned and slumped into the couch.

While eating his dumpling, Steven added, "How about we find a job together? I mean, I'm jobless too—anyway, okay, we should find a job together."

"Why? What happened to your last job?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Hmm...Since of my unusual personality? Look—don't inquire any more because they usually provide a stupid excuse to dismiss me," he said after swallowing his food.

" I'm starving."

I hissed, "Shut up!" Steven's face was puzzled as he stared at me.

"Are you al'right?" he inquired.

I shrugged and said I was thinking about something else. We return to the theatre to watch a movie together. Because he missed me, Steven stayed at my apartment for a time. I welcomed him in because I was alone, and it was a fantastic opportunity to get to know him.

He added, "I heard a rumour about this movie, it was sad and made us cry all night."

"I'm not an onion, so I don't cry so easily."

The entire film marathon was serene. Venom was never the same after that. I grabbed the tissue box and simply wiped my wet eyes till the movie ended. I was wiping my tears away when I heard Steven laughing.

"I thought you weren't an onion who cries easily, what is it!?"

"Shut up, Stevie; I'm wiping my eyes because some dust was blowing into them and making me cry.

He paused and looked at his watch, shaking his head, "OK, don't want to dispute with you."

He stands up and takes his luggage. "Oh shoot! It's late in the evening. I should go now, I have someone waiting for me."

We were both at the door, saying our goodbyes. "It was great to see you again, Stevie, and I hope we can do so again."

He smiled and said, "Of course it'll happen again. Shoot me a message if you need anything. Your Stevie is always here." He hugged me warmly.

"I sorry if we spent too little time together; promise, we will spend more time together next time." He kissed my forehead before stepping to the door, but as he walked away, he waved and gave me one more charming grin.

After that, I closed the door then turn off the T.V.

"Are you done with your boyfie?"

" Boyfie? Steven? Oh no, not him. And yes, we were finished talking."

" We have a mission to complete this morning, so hurry."

"Will you let me sleep first, because I'm exhausted?"

"You're tired? You've been sitting all day? Oh, Sam, I didn't want to fight with you before since your sweet future lover was here."

"Eyy! He's not my boyfriend; we're just buddies without any strings connected."

"Whatever, I kept you awake all night to complete the assignment."

Because I was annoyed, I let out a loud grumble. "All right, alright. Could you please let me dress first?"

•••

I screamed, "Fuck you. Fuck this life. Fuck everyone!" It's pouring cats and dogs outside, and I didn't pack an umbrella, so I'm drenched.