Chapter 24

Khonshu

By the time Samantha finished her task, it was already midnight. Despite the unusual events that have occurred in her and her friends' lives, she must continue to work in order to pay the expenses, which continue to rise except for her height, which remains at five feet.

She reaches for her luggage and her apartment's key. Before doing so, she checks her phone to see if anyone has texted her, or she ends the conversation because it is always on mute. Unfortunately, she has no other contacts than the discount vouchers she routinely receives.

She is strolling by the road. Some cars drove by her while others walked slowly next to their boyfriends or girlfriends. After giving them a sour look and shaking her head, Samantha walks them away. She moves closer to the bay, where she is always having fun with herself and Venom.

She searches frantically for the ideal location on the seat. She discovered it after a few minutes of searching. She ran more quickly and sat joyfully when she arrived at her favourite bay location. Samantha can hear the crow squeaking and the sea's crashing waves. The remaining cigarettes she had purchased a month earlier were snatched out of her luggage. Since the adversaries were usually around and she didn't want to fight when inebriated after making some embarrassing remarks to them, she made the decision to quit drinking and stay sober for a while.

She used the lighter to fire her cigarette. She released a deadly cloud of dense smoke that was apparent in the night sky. She smiled broadly while taking a deep breath and inhaling the cigarette's aroma. She then continued to exhale a puff of smoke every few seconds. After finishing her cigarette, she tucked the unused portion in her bag pocket before grabbing a bottle of water.

"Mortal, what are you doing here?"

When someone speaks to her, she almost chokes on her drink. That voice, not Venom, was heard. She turns her head, but all she could see was a standing palm tree whose leaves were twirling in the air.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"That's how you address a God? Hmp... that's impolite and disrespectful."

"Come on, dude, this isn't the time to make fun of me; if you don't have anyone to bother, go home and nap," she snarked.

"You have a nasty tongue. People who behave badly should be punished. It depends on their faults,"

Smiling, Samantha. She remarked, placing the bottle on her purse, "You like BDSM? Too kinky right, Mr Invicible Man."

Until someone touched her shoulder and tried to gain her attention, she had her backpack zippered. She yells, "Who are you? Please leave me alone. I want some time to myself, why doesn't everyone give it to me? Am I really that bad? "

"Of course, little human, it always begins with your lips, delivering the harsh words and incorrectly wording phrases addressing to God. You deserved it."

"You, Samantha Anne Smith, daughter of Marcus Agustus Smith, my former avatar." Samantha's heart just stopped when she heard the name of her adopted father.

She searches but is unable to identify the source of the voice. She yells at him, "How do you fucking know my father's name?!"

"Your father, or rather, your adoptive father, was my avatar."

She jumps into the bench until a hand pulls her shirt collar to pull her back, saying, "I'm not going to believe you. Maybe you are just YouTubers out there that want to make fun of people. So don't waste your fucking time on me because I'm done."