Prologue

Broken Promises

A months ago...

I told the purchaser, "It's $20.75; thank you for purchasing!"

It's almost ten o'clock in the evening, and I'm finally able to relax after a long day of standing and waiting for customers to come in and purchase the items they desire. 

I sighed and groped for the trash that they had tossed. Those people find it difficult to dispose of their junk in a trash can. Mrs Chen didn't waste her morning criticising me because I had started cleaning the entire grocery store.

While scrubbing the floor, a demonic voice keeps repeating the same word to me.

" Food!"

"I don't have one." As I was putting the cleaning items in the safe place, I noticed a black elastic thing coming from my back. This motherfucker expression.

"You fool, Sam! I'm hungry now, and I need to eat the human head!"

I threw those bottles on the floor with vigour. "Didn't you notice that I'm cleaning? And, because I'm exhausted, could you just go outside and get some food without bothering me?"

He continued saying, "Food. Hungry. Head. Humans." I just shrugged my eyes and let him have his own temper tantrums.

"I swear, Sam, I'll eat your boss's brain if you don't follow my orders. Did you want that?"

"How many times have you threatened me like that, but nothing has happened? I know you didn't do it because Mrs Chen gave you a chocolate—speaking of chocolate, do you want some?" I pick up a chocolate from the stall and hand it to him, but he merely rolled his eyes.

"I said, I want a human head, not this poisonous stuff! I can't bear it, I eat it every day, and I think I'm dying now," He said.

I slapped the chocolate on his rubbery head, but it wasn't as difficult as you might think. He re-enters my body, and I begin to experience pain in my internal organs.

"Sh*t! Please stop that! It hurts!" I shouted. He continues to do it, and I collapse on the floor, experiencing the pain inside of me.

"If you don't listen to me, I'm not going to listen to you either, that's fair." This jerk is so aggravating. I don't have an option except to obey his orders. Again.

I sighed. "Fine, we'll go out when I finish my work, okay? And please quit fucking eating my internal organs!" he says, stopping and revealing his freaky fucking clown face.

"Finally. I get your word. Stand up now and I'll help you." I stand up and, true to his word, he assists me until the products are organised and the floors are cleaned.

•••

It was two o'clock in the morning when I entered the malfunctioning farm near the store. To tell you the truth, I am terrified of heights. That jerk exposed my identity.

"Come on, get out; isn't this your favourite?"

"Chicken? I said human heads, not these stupid little creatures!"

"You said you enjoyed it!"

"Did I just say that?! Well, I unclaimed those words, and now I despise it. I want humans!"

" Eat and shut your stinking mouth."

"Stinking? Why are you staying with me if I'm stinky as you said?"