fun in the air

"not gonna lie to you guys but I kinda hate training." Ducker says over the radio. "Don't we all." Goose repeats back. I pull my plane into a quick dive making ducker fall forward. "hey! A Warning would be nice" he says. "My bad" I snicker.
"Chipper to base, who are my wingman today?. Over." I say through the mic. "Tower to chipper, your wingman today are Maverick and Goose, Iceman and Slider. Over". "Alright let's get em" I say turning my plane into a few turns. In todays training we are trying to get missile lock on Hollywood and Wolf man's aircraft.
"does anyone see them?" Ducker asks through the mic. "Negative." They all reply back. "I see them 5 meters ahead, heading north." Ducker repeats slowly. "On our way." Goose repeats back.

"Got him". Iceman calls out. "Okay heading back to base see you guys there." I reply turning my aircraft into a tight left turn, being followed by grunts in the back seat. "Ducker when are you gonna stop complaining?" I ask laughing at him. "shut up." He says ignoring what I said. "Chipper to tower, permission to land?". "Tower to chipper, permission granted." He repeats back to me. I pull my jet up into position to land. As I brace myself my aircraft crashes into the ground safely. "good run ducker." I say opening the cockpit and unbuckling my gear. "nice flying" he says jumping out of the aircraft. We do our handshake and then continue walking to the locker rooms.

After I get cleaned up I head up to the food deck to get some lunch. As I walk in I see iceman and his rio sitting at a table talking. And my rio sitting alone at another table. I grab a tray of food and go sit with ducker. "hey" I say placing my tray on the table. "hey, we have a brief meeting in about half an hour if you didn't know." He says. "Great." I reply taking a bite out of my apple. "hey babe." Maverick calls out walking through the door. "hey." I say turning around to face him. he walks over to me giving me a kiss on the lips for a couple of seconds. "vomit vomit vomit" Ducker repeats over and over. I quickly flash him the bird which makes him giggle. "I'll be right back." Maverick says walking over to get some food. "are you ever scared of Maverick finding someone else?" Ducker asks me. "Oh yeah like he's gonna turn gay overnight" I laugh.

As Maverick comes back over he sits his tray down and takes a seat next to me leaning against the wall opening his legs signalling me to lay between them. I do because why not. As I lay my head on his torso he wraps his arms around my chest kissing the top of my head. Couple minutes later Iceman and Slider walk over and take a seat at our table. "what's up guys?". I ask. Maverick giving Iceman a glare as he smiles at me. "Well princess I don't think your gonna be the only girl for much longer." Ice says. I sit up with a suspicious look on my face. "What ice your turning into a girl overnight?" I ask. "no, in the briefing meeting im pretty sure that some of us are being shipped out somewhere else and new people are being brought in." He says. I look at Maverick confused and feeling a bit jealous to the fact I won't be the only girl anymore.

We all head to the meeting room and take a seat. I sit in the corner next to my Rio, Maverick then sits behind me wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close. "it's gonna be okay I promise." He whispers into my ear quietly. I lean my head down and kiss his hand. As the Lieutenants walk in we brace ourselves for the news. Viper walks up to the front of the room addressing us all. "good afternoon everyone I have some information." He says taking a deep breath. "Two Pairs of flyers will be moved to another base at the latest of next week. The two who get moved will be replaced by two brand new Top Gun graduates who you will meet soon".
"Iceman and Slider will remain here along with Chipper and Ducker." my heart sinks when I realise Maverick is being moved. "Maverick and Goose will be moved along with Hollywood and Wolf-man." "This decision is final and nothing anyone can say will change it." We all look around at each other. "Dismissed." He says walking out.