always.

I have been dreading this day. the minute I woke up I got hit with the biggest wave of sadness. I immediately got dressed and ran to Mavericks bunk. As I burst in I see goose still in bed and Maverick leaning above the sink. I see their bags all packed and ready to go. Maverick walks over to me giving me a big hug. "everything will be okay I promise, you don't have to worry about anything." he says holding me tight. "I don't want to lose you." I say as I look up to him. He gives me a kiss on the head and hugs me even tighter. "let's go get some food guys." Goose offers as he gets out of bed. "sorry for waking you goose." I say. "it's okay Y/N" he says grabbing a clean shirt. "let's go" Maverick says letting go of me.

As we all walk down the the food deck I see HollyWood and his stuff all ready to go. I grab a tray of food knowing I'm not going to eat any of it. I go and sit with Maverick and Goose. "This isn't fair." I say poking my fork at my food. "I know babe." Maverick says wrapping his arm around my waist. I then lean my head on gooses shoulder. I'm gonna miss goose like hell, he's like my big brother and I can't imagine doing all my day to day stuff without him. I'm losing my two favourite human beings in one bloody day. "I love you guys." I say. "we love you too Y/N" Maverick says leaning over kissing the side of my head. "Maverick. Goose." A Lieutenant calls for them. as we all turn around I already know what he's gonna say. "grab your bags and get tacked up it's almost time to go." He says walking out of the room. As I watch Maverick and Goose get up I realise that they are gonna be leaving like really soon which also means I need to get tacked up because I'm escorting them and the new recruits back.

As I head to the female change rooms I see my gear all hung up and ready for me. As I get changed I'm still thinking about what's gonna happen between me and Maverick. I then open the door walking out onto the cold wind. Sending shivers down my spine. It was only 6 am and still pretty dark outside. I can see Fallout talking to a Hollywood and his RIO. I walk over to the three of them standing next to my RIO. "hey guys." I say. "hey chip." Hollywood says giving my a smile. "I'm gonna miss you" I say giving him a hug. "ill miss you too chip.".

"Chipper to tower, permission to take off?Over." I ask through the mic. "Tower to chipper permission granted. You will be flying with Maverick and Goose, Hollywood and Wolf man and Viper. Over." Viper decided last minute to come with us to hand over his recruits and to meet the new ones. Kinda sceptical on the new recruits like I don't know how they are gonna act.
The 3 hour flight goes pretty smoothly other then Fallouts complaining about being uncomfortable. We've got about 5 minutes left before landing and I know that's the last time I'm gonna see Maverick for about 2 months. I don't know how goose deals with not being able to see Rooster that long.

After we land I dread this moment more than anything in my life. Losing my best friends and meeting new ones. as I open up the cockpit I can see a Sargent standing with two pairs of flyers all geared up and ready to go. All men. Thank god I think to myself. But at the same time I would've kinda liked the company of another girl. I see Viper walking over to the Sargent so I decide to take this time to say bye to Maverick and goose. I run over to goose first and basically jump on his back. "I'm gonna miss being able to do this." I say wrapping my legs around his torso. "Y/N it's only 2 months it's not like it's 2 years." Goose says twirling around in circles. "okay okay I still need to fly back don't make me sick." I say tapping him. He stops and giggles for a bit then letting me jump back on the ground. I then go infront of him and give him a proper hug and goodbye. "I love you goose, stay good don't mess anything up, and keep Maverick in line for me?" I ask him. "I'm standing right here" Maverick yells. "I will don't worry Y/N" goose says smirking at mav. I give goose one more hug before he leaves to get his stuff. "Do I get a bye or did you give all your love to goose?" Maverick says opening his arms. I run and jump into them wrapping my legs around his torso, and my arms around his neck. "I love you mav." I say crashing our lips together. I love my hand up toward his hair brushing my fingers through. We stand there making out for a few seconds before pulling away. "I love you too." He says gently letting go and putting my legs on the ground. "Jesus I don't know how goose does that, the flight gear is heavy." He says. "Excuse me." I say punching him in the stomach. "The flight gear! Not you!!" He says trying to calm me down. "I'm kidding" I say giving him one last hug. "I'll see you soon yeah?" Mav says kissing me on the forehead.

"Y/N will you come over here please." Viper asks. "Yes sir." I say letting go of Maverick and walking over to Viper. I front of  Viper is a Sargent and two pairs which I'm guessing are our new recruits. "This is Hawk and his RIO Void, and Bullet and his RIO Camo." The Sargent says looking over at me. "this is Chipper and her RIO Fallout. And over there is Maverick his RIO Goose and HollyWood and his RIO wolf man." After a lot of talking we finally get to head back to the aircrafts. After the Sargents leave I decide to get to know my new recruits.