4. Dazai

🌊Dazai🌊

I watched Chuuya down his drink, grinning at the way he was unable to hide his grimace as the alcohol slid down his throat.

When the sun set and Chuuya had begun to blush, we headed back to the room. I saw Atsushi standing outside of the door to our room.

"Go ahead Chuuya," I told the tipsy ginger, and he glanced at Atsushi before scowling and going into the room.

"Is... Chuuya more annoyed than usual?"

"Nah, he's always scowling. What do you need."

"Oh, right. Me and Akutagawa made a contract to get along. We need you to enforce it."

"Oh, a contract. Sure, I'll do it."

"Great here-" he cut off as I turned. "Don't you want to have it?"

"Give it to me in the morning, I'm too tired to look over contracts right now."

"Fair enough... well, good night, then."

"Good night Atsushi!" I waved at him as he went back into his room. I smiled and walked into my own to find Chuuya.

"Chuuya, ready for-?" I cut off as I saw his fiery hair splayed on one of the pillows, the blankets pulled up to his waist. I could already hear his gentle snoring.

"Always did fall asleep fast," I remarked to myself, sitting on the bed beside him. I sighed comfortably, listening to the sound of Chuuya's snoring, which was still so familiar to me despite the years that had passed.

Almost instinctively, I brushed the hair from his face and my fingers lingered on the side of his cheek.

He's long over it, I reminded myself, pulling the blanket over his shoulders. I sighed, staring down at his face.

"It was the right decision," I murmured, leaning against the headrest. "How could I continue in the Port Mafia after what Oda said to me? I'd just let him down."

'You've done that anyway...' I thought, and with a sigh sank down into the blankets and closed my eyes.

Someday I'll explain to Chuuya anyway. Even if he won't understand.

----

When I woke up Chuuya was still snoring beside me. He'll begin to stir soon, I decided, yawning as I stood to head towards the bathroom. How to annoy him most when he wakes up...?

I snickered when I found a hotel provided notepad, and I wrote a little message and placed it in front of him.

Going to brush my teeth, I waited for an angry Chuuya to yell my name.

"DAZAI!" I held in the laughter bubbling up, making my face blank as I turned.

"'Good morning shortie'? Really Dazai?" He said, appearing in the door frame.

"What?" I spat out my toothpaste. "I was just trying to be nice."

"Tch, nice my ass," he muttered, walking back out into the bedroom. I made a vow to myself that while this week lasted... I would annoy the shit out of him any way I could.

I stepped out, looking over to where he was standing. He seemed to be lost in thought, staring down at the bed.

"Oi, slug!"

"What the fuck do you want?"

"What are you thinking about?"

He rolled his eyes, looking away from me. "Figuring out if I'm going back to sleep or not."

"If you go back to sleep we'll be late."

"What are you planning?"

I pouted. "Nothing! We're just supposed to be down at the beach this morning."

"What if I don't want to, asshole?"

"Chuuyaaa," I whined, bumping his shoulder, "you can't deprive me from seeing my dog frolic in the waves!"

"Fine, I'll go! But I'm not your fucking dog!"

"Whatever you say, puppy!"

"Just fuck off! I'm getting changed." I smiled as he grabbed the clothes from the closet and slammed the bathroom door.

"I'm going to go make sure Atsushi and Akutagawa are awake," he called out, opening the door and knocking on the door to the next room.

A very sleepy Atsushi answered the door, rubbing his eyes and brushing his tangled bangs from his face. "Good morning Dazai..." he yawned, his voice still thick with sleep.

"Good morning Atsushi!" I poked my head in. "Where's Akutagawa?"

"In the bathroom, I think... just woke up."

"Don't forget about going down to the beach this morning. Kunikida will be angry if we're late."

"Don't you want to annoy Kunikida, Dazai?" Atsushi asked, looking a bit more alert now.

"Meh, too focused on Chuuya for now. Anyways, both of you get changed and we'll meet you at the elevators."

"Alright, thanks."

I went back into the room, barely holding back a snort when I caught sight of Chuuya's beach hat.

Oh, what a good day to make fun of that silly dog...

---------
A/N

if you didn't see i will now be uploading parts twice weekly on monday and friday! at least before i go back to school, it will mess everything up lol