10. Chuuya

A/N
okay change of plans this short update today, longer one tomorrow sorry lol

ALSO i may be writing a new book soon, but this one is far from over at the moment so if i think it will interfere with this book i won't post that one until this is finished. It will be a soukoku royalty au with prince chuuya and dazai as a prisoner so that's fun

anyway, enjoy!

--------------------

🌊Chuuya🌊

     I watched Dazai as he slowly slipped into sleep on my shoulder, sighing as I rested my head on his.

      Just this once, it can be like it used to. I lifted my hand to intertwine my fingers into his hair, allowing myself to fall back into the comfort of having him next to me. Just to be in his presence. And to know I made him feel the same way.

     "Just this once..." I murmured, ignoring the aching in my chest as I thought about losing him again. "I'm over it after this."

      Right? I scoffed, glancing over at the clock.

     "Hey, Dazai..." I said, lifting my head and shaking him awake. He hummed as he began to stir, lifting his head off of my shoulder.

      "If you still want to go, we need to head down now." He let out a soft groan, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Chuu, noooo...." he murmured sleepily, snuggling back up to me with his arms around my waist. He hummed quietly as his eyes closed again.

"You don't want to go?" I asked, sighing in defeat when he nuzzled into my shoulder.

"Stay..." his voice sounded distant as he spoke. "I... I need you to stay." I felt irritation surge up. After this bastard left me, he's now telling me to stay? What a damn hypocrite!

I opened my mouth to let out a sharp retort, but what ended up coming out of my mouth was, "Alright, shitty Dazai, I'll stay."

Right now he needed me. He had left me when I needed him, but... I can't continue lying to myself now. I still care for this shitty bandage-wasting maniac even if he doesn't care for me. And it would hurt me to see him hurt.

Am I still in love?

...

Of course not...