2. Akutagawa

What was that idiotic weretiger in my room? So early and things had already gone to shit...

     I remembered walking into the resort, walking beside an annoyed Chuuya. The ginger was quietly seething for now, but he would begin to rant again soon.

     I glanced over to him, grimacing as he adjusted his hat.

     "You don't seem like the type to enjoy a beach vacation, Chuuya," I finally spoke, coughing quietly into my fist.

     "I'm not. Mori made me come," he growled. "I'd better prepare for a miserable week."

     "I didn't really want to come either."

     "Oh? Heh, guess we'll suffer together." We walked in silence, riding the elevators up to our rooms after checking in.

     "I'm right beside you."

     "Huh, I thought we would be in a room together."

     "As long as I don't need to share with some Agency brat I'm fine."

     "Maybe they just wanted to separate us."

     Chuuya shrugged, holding his card to the door. "I'm going in, knock if you need me."

     "When you're not blackout drunk I assume?"

     "Shut up," he grumbled, walking into the door. He was too tired from driving to yell, I decided as I walked into my own room. I set my bags down, letting out a heavy sigh as I began to pack my clothes into the closet.

     That's when he came in.

     "Dazai?! Don't leave me alone with this ass!"

     "I'm not happy about this either, weretiger."

     "I have a name, you know." Atsushi pouted, crossing his arms.

     "I don't particularly care."

     We glared at each other for a moment, eyes narrowed.

     "Are you not going to try to kill me?"

     "I have no choice, the truce is still enforced. Unfortunately..."

     "Okay, I guess I can get along with you. So don't mess this up, Akutagawa."

     "Whatever you say, were-"

     "My name is Atsushi." He glared at me, and I rolled my eyes.

     "Fine, Atsushi." I growled.

     "Thank you," Atsushi said curtly, giving a polite smile and walking into the room. I looked back at the remaining clothes, feeling too angry to get back to work. I tossed my remaining clothes into the closest and slammed the door shut.

     'Damn weretiger!' I thought, falling back onto the bed. I watched Atsushi unpack his things, organizing them into the closet and on the nightstand beside his bed. I scowled as Atsushi's eyes locked with mine. I heard a quiet sigh, but the silver haired boy said nothing as he turned back.

     Atsushi finished and sat on his bed. I noticed his gaze trailing to where I was laying a couple times.

     I coughed. "What?"

     "Oh, um sorry..." Atsushi looked away, fidgeting with the sheets. "I was just thinking... since we're stuck together maybe we should make the best of it and get to know each other."

     "If you think we'll be friends, you are mistaken."

     "I just want to get along with you and have fun for now, Akutagawa. After that we go back to how it was." I glared over at Atsushi, sighing.

     "As long as it makes this trip less insufferable, I'll go along with it."

     "Okay." Atsushi grabbed a notepad, tapping his pen against the paper. "I won't antagonize you or respond to your attitude, and in return you will call me by my name and will not antagonize me," he said forcefully. "Sign here."

     I chuckled. "A contract? Who will uphold it?"

     "That's... actually a good concern..." he tapped the pen on his chin. "Oh! What about Dazai?"

     "Dazai?" I perked up, snatching the notepad and pen from Atsushi. "Give me that!"

     I quickly signed my name and handed it back. "You really like Dazai huh..." Atsushi said, signing the page himself.

     "Let's not bring that up, were- Atsushi."

     "Alright. Let's have a good vacation!"

------
A/N
get ready for fluffy shin soukoku bonding
by the end they'll be the BEST of friends wink wink