17. Chuuya

I glanced over at Dazai as Atsushi grabbed Akutagawa's hands and pulled them away from his blushing face, smiling warmly. He looked at me too with the same knowing look, occasionally glancing back at the two younger men.

      I knew he was thinking exactly what I was thinking. That these two had now realized they were no longer rivals with a mutual hate, a begrudging respect, and that they were rivals and friends instead. And they had already come to terms with that.

I nodded slightly at him to confirm, then glanced back. Akutagawa was protesting weakly while Atsushi just laughed, still holding onto his hands. His expression changed when he noticed they were holding hands, and he quickly let go. A red blush was starting to form on his face.

If it's like me and Dazai, that's a friendship you can't seperate. I glanced over at the brunette as Atsushi began to apologize repeatedly. Even Mori couldn't have stopped it then. We'd have found a way.

Because it went deeper than enjoying each other's company. They'd put their lives on the line together, fought together, supporting each other in their own way. They were already friends, even if that's not what they thought before.

Tch... Well played, Dazai. He looked at the two with a knowing gaze, that he usually held. Sometimes it really pissed me off. I hadn't confronted him yet about how I knew what he was up to. It was useless. He'd deny it all, play some more games with my head. Besides, I could tell he already knew about me figuring it out. Somehow he always knew.

"Atsushi, it's fine! Just-"

"I said it too much, didn't I? I'm-"

"Don't you dare say it, jinko!" He covered Atsushi's mouth, a muffled giggle coming out.

"I won't, I won't! Take your hand off!" A waiter trailed awkwardly near our table, not understanding what was happening.

"Oi dumbasses, order!" I snapped at them, and Atsushi flinched, making Akutagawa's lips lift in a slight smirk. Atsushi narrowed his eyes into a playful glare but then turned and ordered.

When she got to me, I said I didn't want anything. "Chuuya, you gotta eat, come on!"

"Fuck off, will you? Acting like you're my dad or something, tch."

"What do you want?"

"Nothing you shitty bastard, do you have bandages in your ears?"

Dazai tapped his ear, smiling at me like he couldn't hear me. I crossed my arms, huffed, and looked away. "He'll take the waffles, he wants strawberry sauce," I heard Dazai say, and I whipped my head around at him.

"Dazai, you know that's not what I'd want even if I was eating!"

"You're just too embarrassed to order it in front of these two. I know my Chuuya has a sweet tooth~"

"I- I do not!"

      Atsushi looked back at me, giving a smile. "No worries Chuuya, that's what I got."

      "He only has a taste for wine," Akutagawa said. His voice sounded flat as usual, but I knew he was really teasing me based off of the small glimmer in his eyes.

      "Little brats..." I muttered, looking down at my hands on the table. Dazai nudged me with his elbow, ignoring the glare I shot at him. I crossed my arms with a huff and looked past him to the fish tank, zoning out.

~~~~~~~~

      I stared into the cascading waves as we approached them, my toes digging into the sand. It felt warm and soft under my feet, but I knew soon I would be finding it everywhere. I supposed I could enjoy it for now.

      "Chuuya, what are you thinking about?" Dazai cut into the silence, stepping closer to me.

      "How this sand will get everywhere in the room," I answered with a sigh, kicking the sand up gently.

      "Do you want to ride on my back then?"

      "What- hell no! I can walk!"

      "You'll have to get out of my hold first then!" He turned and grabbed onto me before I could react, putting me over his shoulder and continuing to walk when the two younger men stopped and stared at us.

      "Dazai! You fucking bastard, put me down!" I hissed at him, kicking my legs to hit him in the back, scowling when he chuckled.

      "Come on chibikko, there are kids here! How could you say such a thing?"

      "Dazai!" He suddenly lurched in the sand, making me cling onto him to avoid falling off. He let out another loud, obnoxious laugh.

      "I'm just helping you to the ocean, Chuuya~" he said, picking up speed and running into the waves until the water reached up his thighs.

      "Mackerel, if you-!" I let out a startled yell as I was tossed over his shoulder, my body slamming into the water and being thrown gently backwards. I broke the surface just as salty water filled my mouth.

      "Shitty Dazai, I'll fucking get you for this!"

      I heard him laugh before another wave slammed into me.

---------
A/N
you can't do a double suicide, all by yourself~!
don't forget, grab a friend!
double suicide, double suicide!

chuuya go yeet

sorry this is late i forgot and then wattpad wouldn't let me publish idk why