Chapter 15 - Seen

(Pic: Shane Madden)

~~

Kain exhaled, sneaking around. He pushed a bush aside. Kain stepped over a log. Kain stopped to catch his breath. He paused.

He heard voices.

He moved closer to where he thought he heard them. He had to focus hard on what they were saying. "The Den?" one gasped. Kain wondered what the Den was.

Another woman answered. He recognized the voice but couldn't put a name to it. "Whether he decides that I become a part of it, or am slaughtered by it, I don't know." Kain sent magic to Shane.

Shane took no time to teleport to Kain, "What's u-?!"

Kain covered his mouth, panicked. He looked over. Pazuzu looked over at the two. Another woman beside Pazuzu looked too. Kain froze and felt Shane go rigid.

The recognizable voice spoke again, "Well, who are these people?"

The darker woman, Dunnsah, responded, pointing and introducing everyone, "Oh- uhm." The Scottish woman whispered.

A man approached them, squatting, "I'm waiting on a response from Lucifer to confirm your story." He handed them plates of food. Lucifer himself was involve?! Oh no. Oh no no no no no.

The woman nodded. Kain turned going to leave. Shane followed, "Asmodeus saw us-!" He whispered, panicked.

"Oh- hellspawns!!" Kain rushed them to the cave. Once there, Kain and Shane sat down. They sat in silence.

They waited for nightfall, a thick blanket of fear laying over them. Shane laid down, not taking long to fall asleep. Kain tried to sleep.

He couldn't.

Kain sighed, sitting up and leaving the cave. He walked to the beach, sitting on a large rock. He watched the stars, breathing in the cool, wet, night air.

Kain started singing to himself. It was to calm himself, and out of boredom. He sung for a while, then retreated back to the cave. It was dawn, and Shane was gone. He sat down in the cave, starting a fire. He hummed, warming up. Kain felt his eyelids go heavy, and he started to drift off.

When he woke up, he was hearing shifting in the bush. "Kain- Kain!!" Shane ran in.

Kain sat up, "Mm? Yes..?"

"I found it- I found the colony!" Shane rushed Kain to stand.

Kain stumbled a bit, "What? Really?"

Shane nodded, "Cmon! Cmon!!" Shane pulled Kain with him. They approached a series of buildings. Kain started sending off information to Heaven.

There was 2 apartment buildings and an office building. There were other buildings. They counted approximately 200 Lust Demons. He didn't see Iber. He paused when he heard someone in the tree. He ducked, seeing a Wrath demon.

Him and Shane ran off to the cave.