Chapter 17 - Assault

(Pic: Iber Thompson)

~~

Anders read the response from Lucifer over and over.

"Yes, that's Asmodeus. I've sent her there to assist with the destruction of the colony."

Anders couldn't believe it. The Lust was telling the truth. He stood, moving out of his little hut. He squatted in front of Asmodeus. "What are you doing?" She looked him up and down.

"Oh- uh untying you-." Anders responded, leaning closer and working on the knots. She let off a wave of Lust. Jesus, that shit was strong.

He thought he heard her whisper, "Sorry." He moved away when the knots let up. He pulled the front of his hoodie down, watching her stand. "So, Satan told you that I'm not a spy against you?" He nodded, awkwardly shifting. "Does the cat have your tongue?" she was acting different, almost teasingly. He shook his head, hearing a few of the squad members laugh at him. "You got something I can write on?"

"Yea," Rost moved closer, moving to his bag. He handed her a notebook and pen. She turned, using the tree to draw a diagram of the colony.

She looked to Anders, "May I take over?"

Anders paused, "Uh- oh- yea."

Asmodeus pulled her shoulders back, taking a deep breath and turning. "My name is Asmodeus Riddel, I've been sent by Lucifer himself to assist with a take-down of a colony of Lust demons sent by Marcov. You've already got the office-holder," she nodded to Iber, "his son - which means they are vulnerable. Lusts take well to direction, and without a leader, well, they are not well off. Now is our best time to attack, save the population of enslaved Lust servants."

The group responded well. She was a better leader than Anders. Anders felt something he couldn't quite describe, self-disappointment almost but not quite.

Asmodeus looked around, "...Alright, Noc, Corsche, and Anders - you guys are coming with me. Camari, Khrosh, Starlas, and Seperval - you follow Pazuzu and destroy the buildings. The rest of you, follow Dunnsah. I'm expecting you to save those Lusts being used. Dunnsah's team, you'll be joined by Pazuzu's once they are done. Amaris, Demyan, you stay here with Iber." Asmodeus dropped the notebook on the ground so her drawing was faced up, "My team will run up from the south, storming the political offices. Dunnsah, you guys follow Dunnsah, and Pazuzu, you go through the buildings and grab any stray Lusts while destroying them." Anders wondered how Asmodeus knew their names.

Anders looked over to the group, who whispered amongst each other. He wondered if they would follow Asmodeus, a Lust Demon. Asmodeus was looking through the group, examining each member. She looked at Anders, moving to him. She whispered, "Do you think they'll be receptive?" Anders shrugged.

Asmodeus hummed, then watched as Starlas, Pazuzu, and Dunnsah step forward. Pazuzu spoke first, "I've known Asmodeus for a while. She's trustworthy, and I trust her to have my back in this." That seemed to make the squad trust her plan more. They looked at her with suspicious eyes, but the idea of following Asmodeus rolled around in their minds. One by one, they move forward.

"Let's get moving," Anders ordered, then paused when Asmodeus started walking. He started following closed at her heels.

As soon as nightfall hit, there was waves of Lusts pushed into the streets, naked, afraid, and in need of medical attention. As Dunnsah's team pulled them out, Pazuzu's starting lighting shit on fire and crumbling the foundations. Asmodeus, meanwhile, was leading him, Noc, and Corsche into political buildings. Anders held his sword, though couldn't help but watch Asmodeus use her trident. She was a good fighter, especially for a Lust.

They were getting to the middle of the building. Asmodeus opened a door, "Marcov-"