Chapeter nine ~ Drinks

Friday, 9:49am.
Location, New york.
Julie's moms house ~ Bedroom.

Julie woke up to the sound of a tiktok audio next to her.

"Can you put earbuds in or something?" She said as she grabbed a pillow and slapped it onto her face, covering her ears and trying to muffle the sound of the audio.

"Nope!" Schlatt responded,

"What time is it?" She asked him as she took the pillow off and sat up, taking a long stretch with a yawn.

"Almost 10." He replied and continued scrolling.

Her eyes widened and she turned her head to him "We didn't take Ali to school today! she had to walk!! why didn't she just wake me up."

Schlatt chuckled to himself at her unnecessary panic.
"Jules, she's staying home today, remember?"

Julie's face softened and she relaxed. "Oh, right- But oh my god I went to sleep and didn't help clean up! I bet it's a mess down there."

"Don't worry J, I saw how exhausted you were so i let you fall asleep then I went down and cleaned, since I didn't really help set up, although i wasn't given a job," He chucked.

"Aw, thank you Schlatt. But weren't you tired too? we should've cleaned up together." She smiled at him.

"Nah, I was wide awake!" He smiled down at her in return.

He was definitely lying, last night he could barely keep his eyes open and all of his responses were quiet and delayed, so he definitely was tired.

"Well, i'm gonna go get some breakfast, Julie said.  

~
Location ~ Julie's moms house, kitchen table
Same day, 5:29pm

"YOU ROLLED DOUBLES AGAIN!!!"Alison shouted at Julie who was sitting across the table from her.

"Fucking hell!" Julie responded as she moved her piece to jail.

"Language!" Her mother shouted.

"No!" Julie shouted back "This is why i hate monopoly!!" She slapped down 50 bucks so she could be out on her next turn.

"Alison it's very bold of you to make fun of Jules for being in jail when you're almost bankrupt!" Schlatt said as he rolled.

Alison flipped Schlatt off "I'll just.. mortgage some stuff!"

"Dude you have like everything mortgaged already, you're gonna be out of property" He responded then moved his piece 7 squares up onto one of Alison's rails roads.

"Give me money, now." Alison said,

Schlatt rolled his eyes and handed her 200 dollars "You're lucky that you own all of those rail roads.

Schlatt still ended up winning later on.

~
"Yeah you guys both totally suck at monopoly," Schlatt said from the desk chair that was in Julie and Schlatts shared room.

"Oh hush, you probably cheated anyhow." Julie responded as she dug thru her suitcase looking for a top to wear "Is this cute enough for a bar?"

Schlatt looked at the top and just nodded "Why does it matter?"

"Because i like to look cute everywhere i go!" She responded.

"You aren't very good at that." He sighed and chuckled to himself.

"Asshole" She said as she threw a random t-shirt at him.

~
Same day, 10:27pm.
Location, New york.
Some bar.