Chapter four ~ Flight

Sunday, 3:00am
Location, Austin, Texas.

The alarm Julie had set for three am began to go off, she turned it off and started to drift back into sleep, but then right before she did, it hit her that she has a flight to catch.
Julie groaned so loudly she is pretty sure that she woke the whole town up, but oh well.
Julie sat up and heard Schlatt in the other room moving things around
She stood up and stretched, letting out a wide yawn and rubbed her eyes.
Walking into the living room she saw Schlatt looking for something

"Good morning sleeping beauty"

"Die" She responded to his sarcastic comment

"Alrighty, fuck you too," He popped his lips "Jules, Do you know where my neck pillow is?

Julie snorted "You actually use one of those?"

"Hey! You already know that I use one," He crossed his arms and acted offended, "They're nice to have on flights!" He argued.

"They look stupid" She chuckled, walking over to the fridge to grab a strawberry banana naked smoothie.
She opened the smoothie and took a sip, making a dramatic, delighted  'aaah' sound afterwards and screwed the lid back on.

"Shut the fuck up," He said but right after his face lit up and he pulled something from behind the couch, "HAHA I FOUND IT! SUCK IT JULES!" He shouted and headed back to his room to finish getting ready.

"Okay?" She said to herself and walked over to the pantry and grabbed a piece of bread, popped it into the toaster for a few minutes and when it popped out it was perfectly light brown and toasted.
She grabbed a paper towel and set the toast on there, because why dirty a dish?
She added some peanut butter and began to munch on the toast and smoothie as she walked back to her room.
Julie set down the half eaten toast that was still on a paper towel onto her desk along with her smoothie and started to get ready.
Putting on her plane outfit to stay comfortable, brushing her hair and putting it into a claw clip
Made sure all of her stuff was packed and began to pack her carry on.
She put on nike socks and slid on a pair of Schlatts old slides that she had stole years ago during high school, they didn't fit her then, but she grew into them, considering he was a lot smaller in high school compared to now.

Julie made sure she had all of her things and set them by the front door, plopping onto the couch and waiting for Schlatt to be ready.
After a good thirty minutes he came out with his suitcase and carry on.
It seems like they are leaving way too late but they are quite literally right next to the airport, like literally 5 minutes from it.

"Ready to go?" She asked him.

"Yup, grab my keys from the counter right there?" Schlatt responded.

"Nope, fuck you." Julie replied quickly then began to walk out of the door.

"Sorry, who is pretending to be your boyfriend?" He fought back

Julie didn't say anything, she stopped in her tracks, walked back into the house and grabbed the keys, then walked right back out the door.

"That's what I thought." He smiled at her and she mockingly smiled back.

~

After going through security and having herself and her stuff absolutely man handled by security, Julie and Schlatt soon boarded the plan.
Thankfully her mom was graceful enough to get the two seats by each other, so at least she would have someone to talk to during the flight, someone she knew at least.
But not even ten minutes after boarding Schlatt already had his eye mask and neck pillow on and was absolutely passed the fuck out.
Fantastic, Julie was fully awake and had over a four hour flight with no one to talk to.
She quickly slid her airpods in and just stared out the window until they finally began to take flight.