Chapter eighteen ~ Date

Monday ~ 2:06pm.
Location, Austin Texas.
Julie and Schlatts home ~ Schlatts office.

~

Although Julie had stopped acting so cold to Schlatt and avoiding him, she still seemed to be.. Awkward?

Schlatt was used to being able to put an arm on her shoulder and lean against her when at parties, or grab her wrist in a large crowd so he didn't lose her.
But now, it's like she was slightly just leaning away from his touch in a way.
Which only made Schlatt deepen in thought that he had done something wrong.
Had he said something mean to her and not realized it? Did he forget something important?
Or the worse option, was it just him in general.. Was there something wrong with Schlatt?

He continued to ask himself questions like this as his eyes burnt holes into his computer screen, only two minutes into editing a 3 hour long stream.
He had been sitting at his desk for a while, but he had been too busy thinking about Julie rather than working.

Drawing Schlatts attention away from his spiralling brain was a knock at his office door.

"Come in." He said, spinning in his office chair to face Julie who was standing the door way now.

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyy, Schlatt." Julie said and he furrowed his brows with a squint in his eyes.

"You're either about to tell me something wrong you did or you're about to do something wrong." He kept his gaze narrowed.

"Look! I just wanted to say-" Julie paused, gathering her words so she could speak fast and leave as soon as possible, "I'm going on a date tonight with a nice guy named Henry and it's gonna be great and no you can't see him or know his name and yes he's nice. Okay, bye!" Julie shut the door and scurried to her room.

"Huh?" Schlatt said and stood up, making his way to Julie's door and knocking.

"I'm naked!" Julie shouted.

"No you're not, you just ran in here. I'm comin' in Jules." He pushed the door open to see a fully clothed Julie awkwardly standing in her room.
"Yeah, totally look naked to me."

"I get dressed fast." She mumbled in reply as she sat down on her bed.

"What's the deal? Why're you shouting at me that you have a date then running away, you don't run Julie! You're not athletic!"

Julie rolled her eyes and stood up, slowly pacing around the room as she began to explain.

"Well, you always have shit to complain about with the guys I go on dates with but this guys seems to be really nice and i didn't wanna hear your negative ass opinion. So, I told you quick and hid so I wouldn't have to hear it! Simple."

"He sounds nice." Schlatt said with a smile.

"And- Wait what? Really?" Julie sighed in relief.

"Look, I know I was a dick about all the guys you dated and I don't really know why I was- But, if you're happy than i'm happy." Schlatt said genuinely, even though he lied just a tad.
He knew why he didn't like her exes.
Because he's in love with her! Which he didn't know before, so he was just subconsciously jealous.

And now, he feels like there's no hope.
Maybe Ali was wrong, Maybe Julie doesn't have feelings for him and she just wants to be friends.

"Ok. Thank you Schlatt, Im leaving at seven."

"Alright, have fun." He said softly with another reassuring smile and walked to his office to continue editing.

~

Julie continued to do her hair and stared in the mirror, deep in thought.
Was it a good idea to go on dates just to get Schlatt out of her mind? No, but hopefully it'd work.
She was totally lying to Schlatt when she said he was a nice a guy.
But in reality, she didn't really know much about the dude.
I mean, he seemed nice to her. She wouldn't have been willing to go out with him if he didn't seem half decent.
But alas, he was not Schlatt.