Chapter one ~ Idea

Julie (Jules) Anderson is a Twenty-two year old musician and streamer.
Streaming wasn't something she did too often because she was so focused on music, but she tried to at least get 1-2 streams in every two weeks or so.
Julie often streamed with her friends who were on the chuckle sandwich podcast, Schlatt, Charlie and Ted, and she also happened to live in a house with Schlatt so they often did stream together since Julie didn't like streaming by herself, she always figured maybe the viewers would lose interest.

Julie and Schlatt met 5 years ago in 2017, their senior year of highschool

Flashback ~
2017, September 18th, a monday, 9:34am.
Location, Somewhere in New York.

"Okay, and at table 5 will be- Julie Anderson and Schlatt" The Science teacher pointed to the table where the two would be partners for a week long project

(a/n - don't know schlatts real name and i don't wanna know so the name schlatt is what we r doing)

Ah yes, exactly what Julie wanted, to be paired with some kid she didn't  really know, fantastic.

The two sat down, Schlatt looking over to the girl who was sitting down, staring at her hands in her lap and twiddled at the few rings that were slowly turning her finger green.

"I'm schlatt" He said and she just looked up at him, not responding

"Okay.. now you say your name" He said to her like she was an idiot

Julie did not want to admit it, but he was kinda funny.

Julie looked up and just stared at him and he quietly laughed to himself

"You don't talk much, huh?" He said, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms,  "We're gonna get along great!"

And, oh boy was he right.

After the week of being partners the two became friends, and about a month after that, they were practically inseparable!
Julie's parents, siblings and even fellow classmates teased the two constantly because they were a boy and a girl who were friends, so of course everyone assumed they liked each other.

But, Julie was happy to finally have a friend.

Present time ~

Sunday, 7:39am
Location, Austin Texas.

Julie slowly peeled her eyes open, the early morning sun hitting them, it was peeking thru her white curtains, she must have forgotten to close them before she drifted off to sleep.
Julie turned from her side onto her back and stretched out before sitting up and patting around her bed for her phone.
The cold phone screen hit her finger tips and she grabbed it.
Julie checked the time and the first thing that caught her eye was her battery percentage, which was quite low, so she plugged her phone up and set it down onto her old antique wooden bedside table.
The brunette girl kicked off her dark green comforter and walked over to her dresser, pulling open a drawer and grabbing a pair of white nike socks that were a bit higher than her ankle
She slid the socks on and then put her hair in a medium to large claw clip.

Julie left her room and quietly padded down the hallway, trying not to wake Schlatt since he was famous for sleeping in until 11, what a lazy man he is. 
She walked into the kitchen and opened up a cabinet that was above the sink, grabbing a pan out, but she didn't realize she grabbed one from the middle of the stack, so 6 pans came crashing down to the floor
Thankfully none hit her face since she blocked it, but one ended up hitting her hand and another hitting her foot

"Fuck me" She began to quietly curse and rush around as she put all the pans back then sat on the counter to look at her hand and foot.
As soon as she sat down, Schlatt came tiredly walking into the kitchen

"Mornin' Jules" He said groggily and rubbed his eyes "What was all the noise? did you die?" He walked over to her and saw her looking closely at her hand which was swollen where the pan hit

She lightly chuckled at his comment "Sorry, did i wake you?"

"No no, you didn't," He lied to her
"What happened?"

"Oh nothing, just a few pans fell out of the cabinet, that's all" She said and hopped off the counter, sliding past him to grab milk, eggs and butter from the fridge

"Julie, seriously?" He asked "3rd time you've done that this month."

"Look, i tend to not pay attention okay? And i didn't get hit the last two times!" She stated and set the ingredients on the counter

"Yeah yeah, whatever" He chuckled and watch the girl grab more things from the pantry "Whatcha making?"

"Pancakes" She replied and placed the dry ingredients onto the counter
Standing on her tippy toes she tried to reach for a mixing bowl but she couldn't, she continued to attempt then was gonna start climbing onto the counter, but Schlatt came up behind her and grabbed the bowl, handing to her.

"Thanks, asshole." She said and he flipped her off with a smile.

~

It was around 3pm, and Julie was on an awful phone call with her dreadful mother.

"Yes...mhm...mmm....no way!" Julie said, giving automated responses to her mother

"So hun, your coming up here for easter and Tobi and Annies birthday, right?"

"Oh yeah! of course of course" She nervously chuckled, she was not planning on going "But actually- i don't think i can afford the ticket for a plane all the way to new york-" Julie started to lie but was cut off by her mother Penelope.

"Don't even worry! i will pay for your ticket here and back, i'll even pay for your boyfriends ticket!

Julie zoned out almost immediately after hearing the word "Boyfriend" leave her mothers mouth.

So julie had a boyfriend two months ago.. and before that they had been dating for about two months, and they soon realized they weren't working out for each other so they broke up, but Julie never told her family out of embarrassment
Julie was known for dating people and breaking up with them pretty quickly, and had already been slunt shamed by her mother, aunt and grandma countless times, for not being like a "normal lady" and "christian like".
But even if she was a whore, man who gives a fuck let her be one? ain't no shame in that game baby.
But all she was doing was dating people for a few months, introduced them to her family and then they breakup because it never feels right to Julie, it feels like there is no real love or attraction there.
She just assumes she hasn't found the right person yet.

But then Julie thought for a minute, they don't know anything about her supposed "current boyfriend" they've never met him, seen him, they don't even know his name.
So an idea popped into her head.

"Jules?" Her mother said "Jules!!"

"Sorry, what?" She blinked out of her trance

"You went quiet for like five minutes, everything alright?" She asked her daughter

"Oh! yes everything is fine.. and i'd love to have my boyfriend come! i'll just have to check with him" Julie lied right thru her teeth

"Perfect! ya know, we'd love to meet him!"

Julie quickly wrapped the conversation up and ended the phone call.
Now she had to convince Schlatt to play pretend with her for a week.

1220 words

~

A/n

i don't proof read cus i'm too lazy so if there's mess ups lmk, or don't idc ❤️

woohoo first chapter done