chapter nineteen

shawn mendes
los angeles, california
———

        light poured into my eyes and my head started pounding when i woke up. i knew i was gonna be hungover the second i walked into that party yesterday. i may have played around with the possibility of people thinking i'm an alcoholic from the amount i drank.

i sat up in my bed and looked around for any evidence that i had slept around, and everything seemed fine. no random clothes sprawled all over the ground or a pillow that was freshly warm from another person sleeping on it.

and yes, i remembered how stupid i was towards halley last night.

don't get me wrong, those feelings have been there for a while, and i was planning on trying to figure out if she would reciprocate them, but the booze just took over—and i wouldn't say it was a good thing.

i haven't spoken to her since last night, but it's only the next morning so i can assume it's for many other reasons.

i hope she isn't mad at me and just assumes the alcohol took over and made up those thoughts. i'm not trying to push myself into her life or ruin any happiness she has in her life.

"and baby i'm not trying to ruin your happiness baby, but don't you know that i'm the only one, for ya?" i sung quietly after my thoughts.

would you look at that, even fucking hungover i'm still writing songs about her.

i pulled out my notebook from my nightstand and started writing down a few phrases that i could look back at later and write about.

seven phrases fill my page and i know that the rest of this album is going to be special.

———iMESSAGE!shawn mendes and scott harris

———
iMESSAGE!
shawn mendes and scott harris

shawn
scott! could you check
this out when you get a chance?
*attached audio recording

scott
oh i really like it
reminds me of illuminate

shawn
really? hmm
didn't even think about that

scott
i think we need to use the
new fender for the guitar

shawn
for sure
i don't even really have
a melody yet just lyrics and
that verse

scott
okay
we have our session
with taylor tomorrow i'm
sure she'll have some input

shawn
awesome
if this song comes out
good, and i put it on the
album, we'll be at 6 tracks

scott
yes
we gotta get writing fuck
we need 8 more tracks

shawn
i was just thinking...
what if we take perfectly
wrong that didn't release
with the first album? i'll try
and revamp it a bit