thirteen.

I run after him, trying to catch up, but I remain a few strides away from him the entire time...I'm quick, but so is Dream.

Eventually, we reach Sapnap's house which is completely up in flames, but Sapnap is nowhere in sight. Dream is breathing heavily, his eyes searching frantically across the exterior of the burning building. I stand next to him, hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"I'm going in," Dream says, starting to walk towards the front door which is engulfed in flames. "What?! You can't, the whole thing is gonna collapse any second!" I argue, walking alongside him. "Okay, well Sapnap could be in there, what else would you propose I do?" he asks, still set on entering the house.

I shake my head quickly, starting to freak out, I don't know what to do...if Sapnap is still in there it means he needs help, but if Dream goes in there it could mean I lose both of them. "I don't know...just...just let me think," I say, panicking.

"We don't have time to think, Venus, I have to go in," he insists, throwing his things down onto the grass. Just as Dream is about to enter Sapnap's house, we hear yelling from around the side of the building.

"That stupid fucking bastard, I swear to god I'm going to end him!!!" Sapnap yells, walking around to the front of the house and into our view. I feel the biggest sense of relief wash over my body. I run up to him and throw my arms over his shoulders and around his neck, squeezing him tightly.

"Holy shit Sapnap, we thought you were still inside," I say, my voice muffled as my face is pressed into his shoulder. He squeezes me back, placing one hand on the back of my head, keeping me held against him.

"I'm going to kill that piece of shit, he's done," Sapnap says angrily to Dream, still embracing me as he speaks. "Okay calm down, let's think about how we can handle this in a civil manner," Dream tells him, but just as he finishes his sentence, we hear cracking and creaking coming from the burning house.

"Uhhh, we should probably back up," Sapnap says, pulling away from the hug and grabbing my hand to pull me away from the house. As Sapnap starts to pull me away I grab Dream's hand and pull him along with us. As we're running from the house together, I hear it collapse behind us, a wave of heat blowing past us.

We all turn to look at what was once Sapnap's house, the remains still crackling as the flames consume what's left. "All of my stuff was in there...everything..." Sapnap says, saddened as he falls to his knees, staring at where his house once stood.

"What the hell happened?!" I hear someone shout from behind us, I look over my shoulder and see George jogging up to where the three of us stand. He stops and stands between Dream and I. Sapnap throws his face into his hands and starts crying where he's knelt on the grass.

Dream goes over and kneels beside him, rubbing his back and whispering comforting words to him. "Venus?" George asks me, still bewildered at the sight in front of him. "Um, Sapnap burnt down the lemon trees so, I guess Ponk and or Alyssa probably set his house on fire," I tell him.

He looks in disbelief from me, to Sapnap, to the remnants of the house. "Burning down an entire house doesn't seem entirely proportionate to a couple of trees," George says as if he's trying to convince me. I shake my head, "I know," I say, quietly, not sure what to do now.

"I'm gonna fucking murder them!" Sapnap shouts, standing up and wiping the tears from his face, sadness turned to pure rage now as he starts marching in the direction of Ponk and Alyssa's houses. "Sapnap, wait, we need to figure out how to handle this diplomatically," Dream says, prompting Sapnap to spin and look at him, the fury in his eyes growing by the second.

"Oh, what, are you gonna tell them to 'apologize and help me rebuild'? Well, guess what Dream, that's not good enough! If you're not going to actually do anything about this, I will," he says. "Sap, maybe you should at least wait a couple of hours until you've calmed down a little before you go talk to them," I say, trying to mediate.