seven.

Once Niki and I reach my house I lead her inside to my kitchen. I open up the cabinet under my sink and pull out the first aid kit. I move her hand over the sink and open my bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

"This is gonna sting a little, but it's gonna clean out the cut so it doesn't get infected," I say to her. She nods. I pour a little bit of liquid from the bottle onto the cut on her hand. She winces slightly, "You okay?" I ask her. She nods at me reassuringly.

I take an antibiotic ointment from the first aid kit and apply it generously to the cut. I then take a bandage and wrap it around her hand a few times. "That should do it!" I say as I secure the bandage.

"Thank you so much Venus I really appreciate it," she says, looking at me with kindness in her eyes. "Don't even mention it. Do you know the amount of cuts I have to tend to living in a place consisting of pretty much all guys?" I respond, laughing.

She laughs too, "Yeah I feel that. I am so happy to finally have another girl to hang out with," she says to me. "Oh my god, dude me too. Alyssa barely ever hangs out with me and it sucks. Sometimes I just need a break from the boys ya know?" I ask her.

She nods aggressively, "Yes totally. We should definitely have girls nights with no boys," she says to me. "Niki, I love you already," I say to her. She laughs, "So um...I know we just met and all, but do you maybe have something I can borrow for the party tonight? I don't really have nice clothes since we're always travelling around..." she says shyly.

"Oh yeah totally! Just swing by tonight before the party and I'll find something for you...then next week we can go into town and get you some new clothes," I answer. "Oh my gosh, thank you Venus," she says, hugging me. I laugh, "No problem, it'll be like a half girls night," I say.

"Well thank you again for cleaning my hand, I'll see you tonight," she says, walking towards my front door. "See you tonight!"

I go upstairs to change into clothes that are more comfortable for playing soccer. I go back downstairs and start filling a water bottle in my kitchen when I hear knocking at my front door. I set the water bottle down and walk over to the door.

I open it up to see Wilbur standing there, "Oh, hi Wilbur," I say, smiling at him warmly, "wanna come in?" I ask, motioning my arm to the rest of my house. "Sure, thank you," he answers as he steps inside.

"What's up?" I ask as I walk back to my kitchen, Wilbur following me. "I just wanted to thank you for taking care of Niki's cut, that was very kind of you," he says. I pick up the water bottle and continue to fill it up the rest of the way.

"Hey don't mention it, it's no big deal really. My mom was a doctor so I know all about first aid and emergency medical care. Plus I have to tend to my three idiots all the time so," I say laughing. Wilbur laughs too.

"Yeah well, I still really appreciate it and I know Niki does too," he says, smiling at me. I smile back, looking into his eyes. He's so cute...

We stare at each other for a few seconds before we both realize we're staring. I shake my head and laugh awkwardly, "Well I'm headed out to play soccer with said three idiots...did you need anything else?" I ask, making my way back towards the front door, water bottle in hand.

"Ah..erm..no," he says, looking down at the ground and rubbing the back of his neck, following me to the door. I open the door, "Well I'll see you at the party tonight then," I say, letting him out the door and shutting it as I follow behind him.

"Yeah, I'll see you tonight," he says, waving and turning to walk back towards his van. I walk in the opposite direction towards the large field just outside the kingdom.