17 → "THOMAS"

17 » "THOMAS"

17 » "THOMAS"

(Newt)

THE majority of the Gladers were woken to screaming sometime around 6 in the morning. Newt, who was awake earlier than everybody else due to nightmares, had just woken up when he heard the screaming. Pulling on a fresh shirt, he headed out of his room from the Homestead to find a group of Glader's, as well Minho, Gally and Chuck crowding around a Gladers hammock. As he neared, he noticed that they were crowding around Adeline's hammock. Gally shook her shoulders roughly, causing her to wake. Adeline was trembling, staring at the small crowd of Gladers'. Newt joined beside Minho, watching as Adeline met every Gladers gaze.

"I'm fine." She said, pulling her legs up to her chest and squeezing her eyes shut.

"That did not sound like you were fine." Minho stated. Adeline buried her face into her legs.

"It was just a nightmare, okay?" She snapped. "It was a nightmare and I am fine and you can all go away and let me calm down."

Minho nodded, the other Gladers doing the same. Newt leant against the wooden post holding up her hammock, crossing his arms.

"Good that." Minho said. "C'mon, shanks. Let her be."

The rest of the Glader's, except Newt, left, turning on their heels to get ready for the day. Chuck gave her a small smile, squeezing her hand before he left. Newt sat beside Adeline, who still looked shaken. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder in comfort.

"Hey." Newt sang. "It's OK. It was just a nightmare."

(Adeline)

Adeline sat at a table alone, slowly eating her dinner. Frypan had cooked up stew for dinner, and although she was hungry, her mind kept drifting back to the dream of the Grievers. It terrified her, considering the fact that she had never been inside the Maze before, had only seen a Griever through that window. Had heard them out in that Maze. After a while, she was joined by Chuck and Newt. Both sat across from her, curious as to if she was alright or not. She gave them both a reassuring smile, before looking away. All of a sudden, she wasn't so hungry anymore and started to play around with the food in her bowl with her spoon.

"You sure that nightmare didn't affect you?" Chuck questioned, watching her with a worried expression. Adeline nodded.

"Yeah." She nodded, although she wasn't so sure.

"It must've been a horrible dream." Chuck mentioned. "You mumbled something about a Griever then a few names before you started screaming." Adeline shrugged, wanting to change the topic.