Chapter 5 ✓

Chapter 5: The boy with the eyes that cracked the sky

•••

    "And this is your room." the brown-haired man says then open a door, while the younger one just looks as tense as before.

     Where exactly they are? You guessed it, they are in Taehyung's mansion, and after about ten minutes of presenting the rooms on the ground floor, they've reached the room where Jungkook will be staying from now on.

    "I can sleep on the floor, I don't need all this. " Jungkook's weak voice makes the agent to move his eyes toward him, trying not to show how much those words hurt him.

     Simple words, which seem ordinary to Jungkook, but to Taehyung, are like slaps on the face. The thought that the black-haired boy has not slept in a bed for years makes his stomach bend with anger and sadness. The anger is because of that bastard-Jackson, and the sadness for the innocent boy.

      "Jungkook, you need this. You are not an animal, you do not have to sleep on the floor. You have a bed and from now on you will rest in it. " the man in the black suit says, while the other one just looks him straight in the eyes, more lost than anything else.

      "I've been considered an animal for far too long. I'm probably used to it. "

      Taehyung tries to say something else, but he just doesn't know what. So for the moment he is silent as he watches Jungkook enter and sit carefully on the bed, while his hands touch the sheet intently. The boy doesn't seem to feel anything. No happiness, no relief, no gratitude (although Taehyung really doesn't want that). His face only looks deserted and lonely.

      "You can take a shower, I'll give you some of my clothes of mine until we go and get some tailor-made ones for you. I'm going to make some food now and I'll call you after that, okay? " the older man says while Jungkook seems to be seriously thinking about something.

     And even if the agent thought that nothing could surprise him from what the boy he saved would say, what he hears makes him freeze instantly:

       "Mr. Kim, will you ... make me do things I don't want to do? Because you let me stay in your house, you will use my body? Will you force me?"

     The agent immediately understands what Jungkook is talking about. He knows that in fact, Jungkook is simply still living with that fear. Jungkook thinks he could really ... rape him? To do what those bastards used to do to him?

      Even if he feels offended because someone can have this kind of opinion about him, he understands the younger boy. His fear is more than motivated. He lived in such unstoppable torment, he lived being used, watching how some strangers touch his body without his consent. And it's a damn painful reality, but it's Jungkook's reality.

      "I would never do such a thing to anyone, under any circumstances. " the older one prefers to be as direct as possible, then slowly approaches the other boy, and takes a seat next to him on the bed. "I realize how hard it is for you to trust people. But believe me, I'm not like those who made your life a living hell. I'm trying to save you, not destroy you even more. "

      The boy looks at the floor. He feels like he wants to believe it, he wants to stop living under the same fear all the time, but he just can't. At least not yet. He doesn't know the older one, and all people who seems nice at first can become more than monsters. Yes, Kim Taehyung is the one who stopped him from committing suicide, he is the one who got him out of that hell, out of that terrible prison. But that doesn't mean he's grateful.

     He wanted to die, he still wants to, and he will most likely he will want to for a long time. If his past is soaked in pain and blood, how can he enjoy the present, or to hope for a better future?