Chapter 11 ✓

Chapter 11: Tears of blood flowed from his heart

•••

     "Taehyung, you know well why I entrust you with most of the important missions. You know very well that I have the greatest confidence in you, out of this entire agency." the man with the white hair speaks, while not taking his eyes off, from the watch on his hand.

     The agent tries not to show that he already knows where this discussion will go. He nods his head and keeps his serious expression on his face.

     "Thank you sir, it means a lot to me." the younger man says and immediately after that, the other man looks up from his watch.

     "I'll get straight to the point, Taehyung. You know very well that I am a direct man." the man with the white hair says, then looks him straight in the eye. "I don't really understand what you are trying to do at this moment. I don't really understand why you took a witness to your house, especially if he doesn't help with any information. You know very well how many rules you break."

      The man's voice seems calm, but Taehyung knows all too well that his boss is a master at hiding his anger. And now, he's more than likely angry. He already knew why he was called, especially after talking to Yoongi yesterday.

      "Sir, I know I'm breaking some rules, and for that, I can only apologize." Taehyung starts talking, while trying not to show how stressed he feels. "I just want to keep an eye on Mr. Jeon. I have a feeling that Wang has a special place for that witness, different from his other victims. Believe me, the witness will definitely lead to Wang's hideout much faster. You know very well that my intuition has never been wrong.

      "Do you really think he will help? If he's going to slow the mission, who's going to take responsibility? You?" 

      The younger man doesn't need to think much. He knows all too well that Jungkook will really help him in their mission. He has already collected a lot of important information from him.

     "Of course. I will for sure."

     "How is he? He is probably still in a state of shock. Did he go to our section psychologist? It could speed up this whole process, we could find out more information." the older man says, and Taehyung looks at the floor, even though he knows it's a bad mistake.

      His boss is one of the smartest agents he knows. That's why he reached such a high level, and now, he's probably already thinking why Taehyung avoids eye contact. The man in front of him has an impressive talent at guessing what every facial expression, every gesture, every look or word means. Taehyung always admired him for that, but now... he doesn't find it so great.

      "I don't really think that's a good idea, sir. Jungkook is not ready yet to talk about what exactly happened there in front of a stranger."

     Not even three seconds pass, and his boss gets up from the chair, and at that exact moment, Taehyung knows that the mouth has spoken without him. The man with the brunette hair gets up from the chair at his turn, while looking directly into the eyes of the other.

      "Jungkook, hmm?" the man asks in a calm tone, smirking. " A bit personal, Taehyung. And what were you saying? A stranger? Does that mean you are not a stranger to him? Do you represent something more or what do you mean?"

     Yeah, he is an idiot. If until now his boss suspected something (totally untrue, normal), now he definitely believes that he is not mistaken. Why the hell did he call Jungkook by his first name? HE'S A BIG FOOL. Repeat yourself. F-O-O-L.