Chapter 16 ✓

Chapter 16: A new plan for a bastard

•••

    He did something wrong? Did he said something that upset the younger boy? Taehyung can't understand why he has the impression that Jungkook is trying to avoid him (which is kind of funny, given the situation that they live in the same house), but he is determined not to lose him again. They barely managed to understand each other better, those days. Now this? No sir, oh no. The agent can not agree this shit.

     Maybe no one can understand what exactly is happening. Let me enlighten you, okay?

     So basically, for a few days now, Jungkook has done his best to avoid Taehyung, without explaining to him exactly why he is doing this. He doesn't even play with Yeontan, if the agent is around.

     "This cannot continue like this. If I keep pretending that everything is fine, Jungkook will probably ignore me forever." the older one mutters to himself, then looks at his phone. "Should I call him or wait until I get home?"

       He hasn't really focused on work lately, and the fact that they haven't really found any other clues about where Wang might be, gives him a headache. He wants to punish that bastard more than anything else. 

      He no longer wants to see Jungkook scared every time he hears a noise outside. He no longer wants to hear him crying at night because of nightmares, and then pretending that everything is fine. Because yes, even if Jungkook is much more sociable and somewhat better than he was at the beginning, deep down, he is just as fragile and vulnerable. Deep down, Jungkook still wants to die, he still has this unnatural and unorthodox desire. And Taehyung knows that the only way he can save the younger boy is when Wang rots behind bars.

     "Are you on another planet again, alien?" the familiar voice of his friend makes the agent look in front of him, then he rolls his eyes. 

     "You know I hate it when you call me that, kitten." the agent mumbles and the other looks at him not very happily.

     "Are you worried about the case we haven't solved yet? Or for a certain boy who lives in the same house as you?" Yoongi asks him subtly, then sits in the on the chair, in front of him.

      "Both." Taehyung answers honestly, then takes a frustrated breath and runs his hand through his hair. "Yoongs, what should we do? That bastard seems to have disappeared from the Earth, and the boss is getting more and more angry because we can't find him. I have no idea where he could be." he says later and the other one just nods.

     "Maybe we should go one more time to that basement where we found his victims." Yoongi suggests and then looks at him carefully. "You haven't talked to Jungkook about this again? Maybe he remembers something else?" he asks later and the younger one just continues to look at a blank paper in front of him.

      "No, I'm afraid he will become sensitive again because of this topic. I don't want to... I don't want to hurt him again by bringing up in conversation, that demon." 

       "I understand what you mean, Tae. But don't you think that right now, the most important thing is to find another clue about the case?"

       "No. Jungkook is the most important no matter what." 

     Yoongi laughs weakly, and immediately after that, he becomes instantly more serious. Taehyung notices the quick change in his friend's attitude. 

      "Tae. I have to show you something. But promise me you won't make a scene when you see what I want to show you."

     Taehyung doesn't understand why Yoongi would say that. Until now, his best friend was always direct and did not try to "spare" his emotions before. He knows he's a professional, so why is he acting so strange at this moment?