Chapter 10 ✓

Chapter 10: Unspoken questions from broken hearts

•••

     "Please, try to solve this for me. You know very well that I can't leave him alone, Yoongs. Not after what happened two days ago. " the man with the brown hair is talking on the phone, looking out the window to his left.

     "Tae, you know that the person who should give this report to the boss is you. All I can do is put it off until tomorrow, but I can't go in your place."

     Taehyung sighs, then nods, although no one can see him, because he's alone in the living room. Yes, of course he knows. He knows that only he can go to their boss, to give him the report. But he doesn't really want to leave Jungkook with someone else. He really doesn't want to.

    Yes, of course he knows. He knows that only he can go to their boss, to give him the report. But he doesn't really want to leave Jungkook with someone else. He really doesn't want to.

    "Yes, I will try. Anyway, how is he doing? Is better?"

    Taehyung sighs, then unconsciously looks towards the stairs.

     "After we came back from the hospital, he went to his room directly, and only came out when he needed to go to the bathroom. He doesn't even want to eat, and even if I tried everything, he's too stubborn." the man says in a low tone, visibly worried. "I thought he was better Yoongs."

     "It's not easy to get better in such a short time, Tae. You have to understand that without professional help, he won't be able to overcome these thoughts."

     Yes, he knows that too. He knows it's true and that Jungkook has to attend a lot of therapy session, but he also knows how stubborn the boy can be.

      "Yes I know this. But every time I tried to talk to him about it, I got nothing but total rejection. I think he is not ready to talk to a therapist about what happened, at least not yet. I hardly managed to find out something from him. He needs time, even if we don't have it."

      "You have to make him trust you as soon as possible. Maybe you will be able to find out more information after that." Yoongi says and then straightens his voice. "Tae, can I ask you something? But I want you to answer me honestly."

      "Sure. What?"

     A few seconds of silence falls in the room, but as soon as Taehyung hears the question, he feels a damn strange sensation in the pit of his stomach.

      "Are you sure you're not falling in love with him? And think first, then you can answer me."

    Taehyung wants to laugh, he wants to tell to his best friend how stupid he can be. Damn it! Jungkook is a victim! He's an important witness, but most of all, he's someone Taehyung barely knows. How can he fall in love with someone he has known for less than three weeks? Love can't happen in such a short time!

     "What the hell are you saying there? You know very well that I don't risk my job! And anyway, you know very well that I haven't been interested in anyone for many years."

     "Tae, you are my boss, but before that, you are my best friend. I've known you for many years, and the last time I saw you smile the way you've been smiling since you met Jungkook, was when you were together with San. And I know you may not realize it now, but you will soon."

    "Please don't talk about San, you know I hate hearing his name." the agent whispers and the other just sighs weakly.

     "Just... just ask yourself if Jeon Jungkook is really just an important witness for you or not. Because believe me, the care I saw in your eyes has the same sparkle that my care has for Jimin." Yoongi says and the other remains speechless. "I have to go now, talk to you later."