Chapter 6 ✓

Chapter 6: Finding the truth from the darkness

•••

    "You need to be more careful, Mr. Kim. The patient has been subjected to a completely different lifestyle, and a much too rapid change could have more than negative effects on his health. "

    The brown-haired man nods, while the man in front of him looks at some sheets on the desk. 

    "Then what should he eats for the beginning? How much should he be restricted to what he eats? " Taehyung asks as he takes a look at the boy next to him.

     To shed some light on the things that have happened in the last few hours: Taehyung prepared a fairly hearty dinner for Jungkook, and even though the younger boy kept telling him that he could no longer eat (although he had barely touched the food), the older one kept insisting. Half an hour after dinner, Jungkook became ill and began to vomit. After urgently taking him back to the hospital, Taehyung found out that the cause of the younger boy's condition was his own food. Or rather, the fact that he ate far too much, after a very long time in which he ate only pieces of bread and drank only some water.

     "In the first few weeks you could try to feed him something lighter, such as soups or some salad. In this way, his body will try to return to normal." the doctor says and immediately afterwards he glances at the younger boy. "Jungkook, if you feel ill again, don't hesitate to tell Mr. Kim, okay?" 

     The boy just looks at him without any special expression on his face, then nods at his turn, and immediately after that, he gets up from the chair at the same time as Taehyung.

      "Thank you doctor. If we need anything else, I'll definitely call you. " the agent comments as he is leaving the room with Jungkook.

       "I'm sorry you had to come with me, here, again. " the younger boy says in a flat tone, while they both head out. "The food you made was very tasty, thank you anyway." he then says in the same tone, and a small smile slips into the older man's face. 

     Yes, maybe he shouldn't smile at this point, considering that because of him, Jungkook had to go to the hospital again, but he can't help himself. That "thank you" feels like a kind of new start. Maybe Jungkook will finally be able to trust him. Only in this way, Taehyung will be able to help him and also find out some information about Jackson.

      "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I should have been more careful and thought better of what might happen. " the agent says as they both leave the hospital. "I will be more careful from now on, I promise." he continues later and immediately after that, the younger boy looks him straight in the eye.

       "I do not like promises, Mr. Kim. I remember how untrue hopes are. " the boy with the longer hair says, taking the other one by surprise. "So from now on, I beg you to refrain from promising things."

     The agent tries to hide his curiosity and all the questions he would normally like to ask, while he opens the car with the key, then opens Jungkook's door, so that the boy can enter. As soon as he gets in the car at his turn, he straightens his voice. He puts on his belt, while a weak sigh escapes through lips, remembering that in a few hours he will have to talk to his boss about his unconventional decision to leave a victim in his house. He will have to improvise.

      "Put on your seat belt, if we're still out of the house, we can now go get you some new clothes. My clothes are a little loose for you. " Taehyung says later, while the younger one puts on his belt, instantly feeling stupid.

      "You don't have to spend money on me and clothes, Mr. Kim. You've already let me stay in your house, and you've put your reputation at work at stake. I don't want to bother you anymore. "