Chapter 22 ✓

Our hearts will embrace in the middle of the storm

•••

    Is there any person who has— not at least— at some point, not regretted the fact that they are alive? A person who has loved every moment of life without complaining in the slightest? Do they have a different blood? Or a destiny is written with a different ink? Do they get to heaven just by simply living? What kind of lessons do such people receive? They are not getting any slaps from the Universe?

      Jungkook thought about this a lot. Especially in the last few days. Especially after he was in the same room with Jackson again, after breathing the same air as him, after the bastard did... again what he was doing before. He doesn't feel pain anymore. No pain of any kind, no physical pain, no mental or emotional one. Maybe because he doesn't want to feel anything anymore. Maybe because he felt too much at once, that's why he can't pretend now.

     "Are you sure you don't want to come with me? He asked about you, Kook. Maybe you could see him."

      Jungkook looks at the one who spoke to him, swallowing hard. He doesn't even have the courage to look at him too much. He is too ashamed and feels way too much guilt, to say that the way he behaves with the person in front of him does not affect him at all.

      He's really mean to Taehyung, even though the other guy is just trying to help him and make him feel better. And Jungkook knows that, because he's not that blind. But he just can't pretend. He can no longer pretend that everything is fine, that he is not afraid that eventually even Taehyung will leave him and get bored of him. If it was in his place, he would have done the same.

      "Maybe... I could come with you." Jungkook answers in a quiet tone, but the older one hears anyway, then looks at him in amazement.

      Yes, he knows that Taehyung didn't expect him to agree, but Jungkook really can't risk losing him because of the way he's acting. He can't keep behaving like this, he really can't. That's why he has to at least pretend to have forgotten what happened a few weeks ago. Yes, of course it's all a lie. But if through a lie he can keep Taehyung close, then he can become the biggest liar. Yes, his life is full of pain, but without Taehyung in it, it doesn't feel like life anymore.

     "Really... Do you really want to accompany me? Are you sure you are ready? Are you sure you want to?" the older one keeps asking, as Jungkook just nods, almost instantly.

      He knows how hard Taehyung is trying to make him feel safe and much better than he has been these days. He also knows that for this he cannot thank him enough.

     The truth is, the agent has done many more things for which the other has no idea when or how he will be able to thank him. He knows that he will be grateful to him for the rest of his life. He won't be able to show him how much he helped him, or the fact that thanks to him, Jungkook didn't give up, saying that maybe, after so many slaps from life, he'll also get a hug.

     The agent was there, in the storm more than in the sun; something that not many are willing to do. The man sacrificed his own peace and his own person, just for Jungkook, so he can smile again.

    "Tae. Thank you. Because you didn't give up on me."

     The agent remains speechless for a few seconds, then smiles weakly, while some tears fall down his face.

     "It's been a while since you said that to me." Taehyung replies and the other boy looks at him intently. "Actually, it's been a while since you said more than two words." he continues, and Jungkook feels guilty, instantly.