Chapter 14 ✓

Chapter 14: A sunny day in a stormy mind

•••

     "Damn it." the voice is hoarse and muffled in the room.

    The man opens his eyes with difficulty, while his head feels like it wants to explode. He doesn't really remember what happened a day ago. He doesn't really remember what happened yesterday, at least he doesn't remember anything after meeting Yoongi. Yes, he knows why. He knows that he more than likely drank beyond his limits again yesterday, which is why he has no idea what happened a few hours ago.

    He just hopes he hadn't done anything childish or stupid. He knows that he is not stable at all when he drinks. That's why he avoids drinking alcohol, but yesterday he really needed it.

     "I should see what Jungkook is doing." the agent whispers and wants to get up from the sofa, but when he realizes what he has on him, he stops, visibly confused.

    Two beds are placed on it, and only now, he managed to realize that he has a pillow under his head. There are no such things in the living room. Is it possible that Jungkook brought them? Or was it Yoongi?

     "You are awake."

    Taehyung turns around too quickly to see the owner of this warm voice, only to let out a whimper because of the headache. Hell, that's what he hates most about being drunk. 

      "Yeah... I am. Do you know what time it is?" the older one asks, while the other approaches the sofa with a glass in his right hand.

     "It's past eleven in the morning." Jungkook answers, while the agent panics instantly. "Calm down, Yoongi called a while ago and said you can take today off. He will deal with anything." he says later, and holds out the glass towards him. "It's water with some lemon. It will help you wake up better."

     "Thanks." the older man says, and then takes the glass, grimacing instantly as he takes a mouthful of it.

    Jungkook chuckles weakly without realizing it, and this doesn't go unnoticed by Taehyung. So he immediately takes another mouthful from the glass, grimacing again. Even if what he's drinking is damn sour, Jungkook's smile is more than sweet, so it's worth it.

     "You shouldn't have drunk so much." the younger boy says in a more serious tone. "Drinking is not good for you, hyung."

     Taehyung can swear that the voice of the boy next to him also has something that resembles care and concern, which makes him swallow hard, feeling more than happy at the moment. Does Jungkook care about him? Isn't it just an illusion of the older man? It's a bit hard to figure out what Jungkook is thinking, considering that the boy doesn't really express his feelings, so he can only hope.

     "I know, Kook. I was-" Taehyung stops immediately, when he realizes how he called the one next to him. "Sorry, I shouldn't call you that, I know it bothers you." he says later in a much lower voice, and the boy instantly feels guilty again.

    "Stop calling me like that! We are not fucking close!"

     Jungkook refrains from slapping his face, moving his gaze to the floor. He does not feel able to look at the other one. He knows why Taehyung ended up like this. He knows that he drank too much because they had a fight. He knows and again, it's only his fault. He hates this. He hates himself.

     "Taehyung, I... I'm sorry for everything I told you the other day." the younger boy finally gathers his courage and the older one just listens to him. "I didn't want to hurt you in any way. You were the only one who... who showed me that I could matter to this world, and I pushed you aside."