I hate you, do I actually? || Chapter 1.

18 February 1986, I am finally done defeating The Mind Flayer and all the horrors that happened throughout the years were finally over. I can finally reunite with Mike.

Right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Eleven, Eleven Hopper. But my real name is Jane, Jane Hopper. But either is fine. Mike Wheeler is my boyfriend. He had been with me throughout the toughest time of my life. We loved each other wholeheartedly. I had disappeared for about three years as I have been busy defeating the Mind Flayer in the Upside Down so I am really excited to see Mike again after so many years, of course I am excited to see the party as well. Lucas, Dustin and Will.

"Be careful and don't use your powers in school. You have to keep your powers hidden so that you will not return to Hawkins Lab, return to 'papa'. Understand?" My father, Jim Hopper said worriedly inside the police car and I nodded happily.

My father is a police officer and he assisted me to defeat the Mind Flayer as well. It took us about an hour to reach Hawkins Middle School, where Mike and the party studies at.

When I reached Hawkins Middle School, I immediately ran towards the AV room where the party always gathers at but when I slammed open the AV room door, no one was there. That was until I heard a loud laughter in the sports hall. Maybe it's the party?

I Immediately ran towards the sports hall. When I peeked into the hall through the door, I saw Mike. I finally saw Mike! Just when I was about to slam open the door and run towards Mike, I saw a red-headed girl playing on a skateboard and circling Mike. She was gorgeous.

Surprisingly, I did not feel jealous. My heart started pumping extremely fast when I saw that girl. But I hated the feeling so I decided to knock that girl off her skateboard and ran away as fast as I could.

Soon, I came back to the sports hall to check on the girl. What if I accidentally fractured her leg or twisted her ankle when knocking her off her skateboard earlier?

When I came back, I saw the red-headed girl again. But this time, she is sitting outside the sports hall door and holding her leg in pain. I think I hurt her accidentally just now. I felt guilty but still ran away instead of helping her.

When running, I accidentally bumped on to Mike.

"El? El it is really you! I knew you were here when I saw Max fell off her skateboard just now!" Mike exclaimed joyfully and hugged me tightly.

"Mike, you're choking me." I said jokingly with a smile.

So that red-headed girl's name is Max huh.

"El, let's go meet the party!" Mike said and grabbed my wrist and ran to the AV room.

"Hey guys! El's back!" Mike yelled happily through the entire AV room.

"Woah Mike, calm down!" Dustin said and laughed.

Mike smiled happily until he saw Max.

"Why is Max here? She is not part of our party. Is she?" Mike said and glared at Max.

"Dude chill. She is part of our party now, okay? Seriously Mike? After everything we've gone through together with Max?" Lucas replied angrily.

Max and I had eye contact until I looked away.

Suddenly, I felt like someone was walking towards me. It was Max. Max was walking towards me while the boys fight with each other and Will stared at Max and I in a corner.

"So your name is El? I've heard a lot about you. My name is Max Mayfield. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Max introduced with a wide and cheerful smile and raised out her hands towards me.

I could feel my face go red. So I shook my head and ignored Max. Then I left the AV room. I could see Max's hurt expression.

- the next day -
( Max's POV )

I woke up feeling troubled. Why did El ignore me yesterday? She looked like she hated me. I thought we could be great friends.

"Maxine, time for school." My stepbrother, Billy Hargrove opened my bedroom door and called. My stepbrother would take me to school everyday or our abusive stepfather would get mad.

My stepfather is a extremely abusive and un-chill person so mostly everyone would think that Billy is abusive as well. But in fact, Billy is a caring brother. He would check up on me all the time and protect me from my stepfather. My mother is alcoholic as well as she is depressed from the fact that my stepfather is abusive so she usually doesn't give a damn about our family as well.

Billy had a habit of opening his car music volume to maximum so whenever I reach school, everyone would stare at us weirdly but would soon get distracted by Billy's looks. Billy is capable of attracting any girls and flirting with them all the time. Then I rolled my eyes jokingly and left Billy's noisy and disturbing car.

"Have a good time in school, Maxine!" Billy exclaimed with a cheerful smile.

"Billy! Stop calling me Maxine!" I yelled, annoyed and walked away.

Billy chuckled for a second then drove away, winking at girls surrounding his car.

"Max! Max!" Lucas shouted my name excitedly in the hallways which annoyed me.

Lucas and I used to date but I no longer likes him so I broke off the relationship but Lucas never stopped chasing me. Honestly he is really annoying.

"What do you want?" I asked, feeling annoyed.

"Snowball prom is coming. Do you want to be my prom date just like back then?" Lucas grabbed my hands and asked with a wide smile.

"No." I replied and walked away.

The first lesson of the day is Art. When I walked in the class, I realized none of my friends was in my class except for Eleven. Eleven ignored me yesterday so I doubt that we could ever be friends.

Author's Note:
It's my first time trying to write a elmax story since I have been so obsessed with elmax for like so damn long but I hope that y'all find the story decent and enjoyed the story so far. And also, feel free to recommend some good ideas to continue the story! love y'all. 🫶🏻

and also, do you like that Billy is a nice person here? 👀