A Little Bit Of Fun

The library was filled with the first rays of weak sunlight at 7:23. The dragon groaned and rolled out of bed, he has plans for today. He went to rub the sleep out of his eyes, forgetting that he's missing an arm.

He was quickly reminded that he has to make do with only one hand.

He yawned and went to the small vanity for his little morning ritual.

The memories of his encounter with Leiftan intruded upon his peace as he combed through his hair with pomade.

Four days time...

So he has to take her to the outpost in four days. Well, four days minus the handful of hours he'd slept.

He rummaged around in the top drawer for his concealer and made sure nobody noticed the eyebags that have been getting increasingly more severe since Kassvin wasn't there anymore to force him into an adequate amount of rest.

She has four days until her life gets ripped from her hands. Not like it wasn't already off the rails as is, but she could at least speak freely.

Lance is different, he got himself into this. He knew what he was doing right from the start. Karenn is just an unfortunate bystander who will have to pay the price as well.

He sighed deeply. This sucks.

He scorned his reflection in the dusty mirror, noticing that he has noticable stuble. He reached for his shaving cream and razor.

'I wonder if Valkyon can grow a beard too, I've been gone for so long.'

He left the tower dressed for the occasion. He needed to go to Kameta for a quick errand, and he can take the girl along to see the city.

He's not this nice usually, in fact he's an asshole all the way, but he feels responsible for what is about to happen to her so he wants to make her at least a little bit happy.

Kameta is the capital of Tro'mataq, the kingdom of elves in Nataad, also referred to as 'the kingdom of Nurnam'. Their civilization bears an uncanny resemblance to western (or westernised) societies on earth. They use silagrea the way earthling use electricity, this technology was a gift from the khaer guild when it was still only one entity. Although electric power is still used, it's far less popular because of the cost and potential hazardousness.

Bet Laurin would be eager to have his video games back, sadly he had to leave his switch in new Blavió.

The fashion in Kameta is quite earthian too according to the Prince, except with a lot of influence from other cultures from across the continents. The elves somehow invented an organic alternative to Spandex. The prince couldn't stop praising it.

Lance doesn't own any garments made from this material, but Kassvin has a bunch that he so graciously left in the dragons room. He didn't like to sleep in the temple, the sight of ruins from the windows made him sick to his stomach, so he invited himself into the tower to have a permanent sleepover.

'Oh my god, they were roomates!' He can still hear the fallen Prince saying. He didn't have the balls to ask what it meant, the human was more than capable of explaining every meme in excruciating detail, often for more than ten minutes while making Lance none the wiser.

Before he left, he picked up the small collection of Kametan style clothes and a pair of his weird earthian shoes, put them in his empty laundry basket to take to Karenn.

He has a feeling she would need to blend in.

...

A knock on the wooden door woke the vampire up from a bizarre dream. She opened her eyes and yelled. 'Sleeping!'