Chapter Seven

Officer Callahan had taken Jonathan into custody as well as escorting Nancy and Kat into the police station, Nancy was able to get some ice from Flo, the station's secretary, to ice Jonathan's bruised face from the few hits Steve was able to get in

Officer Callahan had taken Jonathan into custody as well as escorting Nancy and Kat into the police station, Nancy was able to get some ice from Flo, the station's secretary, to ice Jonathan's bruised face from the few hits Steve was able to get in. Kat reached into her pocket and pulled out some painkillers to take for her leg.

"Jonathan that was awesome! You totally kicked his ass! I wished I had that on camera. It was about time Steve got his ass kicked!" Kat said excitedly in a hushed tone. Reaching over she gave him a small fist bump. "You're my new hero."

Nancy shook her head at Kat and she sat down on the other side of Jonathan and placed the ice against his cheek as he was handcuffed to the desk. Kat noticed how Flo kept giving them sideways glances, the teen not sure what was the woman's problem. The somber mood was interrupted when Joyce and Hopper returned to the station and spotted the three teenagers.

"Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" Joyce said rushing to her son. Kat perked up. "Joyce you're going to be extremely impressed when I tell you..."

Officer Callahan tried interrupting her. "Ma'am..." The officer gave Kat a look.

Joyce turned and set her sights on the Officer. "Why is he wearing handcuffs?"

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." Kat rolled her eyes at Callahan, knowing plenty of people wanted to hit the officer for being just an idiot, really wishing they had been dealing with Officer Powell.

"Take them off," Joyce said, giving the officer a look.

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!" Joyce said a little louder.

"You heard her. Take 'em off." Hopper now steps in and orders his officer.

Callahan turned his attention to Hopper. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." Callahan processed to show Hopper and Joyce all the equipment that the teens had bought earlier.

Joyce looked confused. "What is this?"

Callahan placed his hands on his hips as he looked back at the teens. "Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car."

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan said finally speaking up.

Callahan was smirking in his own twisted way. "Is that really the question you should be asking right now?"

Hopper having enough. "I wanna see you three in my office."

The teens looked at each other before Jonathan and Nancy looked at Kat. "You won't believe us," Kat said speaking for the trio.

Hopper looked at Kat, seeing something in her eyes. "Why don't you give me a try?" He then uncuffed Jonathan and escorted the teens and Joyce into his office before closing the door so that the other officers couldn't hear them.