Chapter Ten

Kat was standing in the living room beside her mom as she took photo after photo of Dustin in his Ghostbusters costume; they had gotten up extra early that morning so that Dustin could get his costume on and so that their mother could get some pho...

Kat was standing in the living room beside her mom as she took photo after photo of Dustin in his Ghostbusters costume; they had gotten up extra early that morning so that Dustin could get his costume on and so that their mother could get some photos in. Kat had assisted him in getting his costume together; she had to admit he looked adorable as Ray Stantz, even going as far as holding up his proton pack. Their mom pushed Kat into taking a few pictures with Dustin even though she wasn't in costume.

"Are you really sure you want to wear that to school?" Kat asked Dustin as they were about to head onto their bikes. Dustin insisted and said that everyone would be wearing costumes; they met up with Lucas as they rode to school. She faintly remembers that the year before the younger school wore costumes, but with everything that happened last year she tried to block a lot of stuff out.

The school day was mostly uneventful, since it was Halloween there were many pranks played throughout the day on the teachers. Eddie had tried to scare Kat multiple times throughout the day; it started in first period when he put petroleum jelly on his hand and gave her a high five, making her hand slimy and gross. "What the fuck Munson!" She freaked out in class begging the teacher if she could wash her hand; from there he would jump out at her from around every corner. She had to admit some of the pranks her classmates played weren't half bad. Nancy attempted to talk Kat into attending Tina's Halloween party again. And of course, her day wasn't complete with Billy trying to talk to her.

After school, Kat had waited for her brother and the others by the bike rank, she quickly noticed how all the middle schoolers were not in costume. Upon her brother and the party's arrival, Dustin took one look at the strained smirking look on his sister's face before warning her not to say a single word. Kat had put her hands up in innocents, but she was dying on the inside. She roe with the boys until they split up to ride to Mike's house while she headed home. Sitting in her room, Kat started to think over Nancy's words, about it being her senior year and never going to any house school parties, though she was never invited to any parties before. Making her decision that she figured she may regret, she called Jonathan for a ride, lucky for the Byers boy hadn't left yet to take Will trick or treating. Searching through her closet she found a witch's hat, knowing she could make something out of that.

Kat sat in the backseat as Will sat in front with his brother. Apparently on their way to pick Kat up Will brought up how Nancy and how she and Kat are not going trick or treating with their brothers. Jonathan pulled up to the location all the boys are meeting up and made Will promise him to stay within the neighborhood and to be back at Mike's by nine. As Will exited the car, Kat hopped into the passenger seat.

When Jonathan pulled up to Tina's house, they both just sat there for a moment in the car staring at the house, neither had been to a high school party before. "You know we have to go in, right?" Kat spoke as she broke the silence, she looked back at Jonathan. Taking a deep breath, she got out of the car making sure to fix her hat and cape, smoothing down her black knee-length dress; she finished off the look with fishnet tights and black combat boots. Her hair was in soft waves and she wore minimal makeup, but enough to make her look a little witchy.