Chapter Thirty-Four

Kat gripped Nancy's shoulders

Kat gripped Nancy's shoulders. "Nancy, come on! Stay with us. -- Don't leave me with these people."

"Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!" Steve yelled up to the others as he stood beside Kat. The pair could hear the distant yelling of the others on the other side.

What felt like hours was only a matter of minutes when they finally heard Nancy gasp. "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay" Steve voiced out.

Kat pulled Nancy into her arms as Kat finally let go of the breath she was holding. "We got you." Kat breathed out. Nancy wrapped her arms around Kat, her breath shuddering. "Alright, we need to move."

Steve stood up. "Robin, Eddie, help catch her. Yeah?" The two nodded their heads. Steve and Kat moved and helped Nancy climb up the sheet rope, watched as the others caught her, and moved her to the other side. Kat and Steve followed after her. Steve was the last one to land back in the normal world.

"Hey Red, you think maybe we could go to yours? Don't think we should be seen here any longer than we need to." Eddie asked Max.

Max nodded her head, making sure there was no one outside of the trailer park and making sure her mom wasn't home, she led the others to her trailer. Once inside Kat had Nancy sit in a chair and she handed Nancy a blanket as she was chattering her teeth. Eddie, Robin, and Steve moved to sit on the sofa while Kat; Erica, Lucas, Dustin, and Max sat around an armchair, while Kat kneeled beside Nancy.

"What...what did you see?" Kat asked softly.

Nancy got a far-off look on her face. "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. --- The most awful things. --- I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. --- And then he showed me, my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." Nancy looked up with tears in her eyes and took hold of Kat's hand.

Steve cut her off. "Okay, but he's just trying to scare you, Nance. -- Right? I mean... I mean, it's not real."

Nancy shook her head. "Not yet. But there... there was something else. He showed me gates." She looked at all of them. "Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one inside Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. -- This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Fuck." Kat muttered under her breath.

Max spoke up. "Four chimes. -- Vecna's clock. -- It always chimes four times."

Nancy locked eyes on Max. "Four exactly. I heard them too. -- He's been telling us his plan this whole time."

Kat tilted her head. "Four kills. -- Four gates. -- End of the world."

Dustin looked at all of them. "If that's true he's only one kill away."

"Oh, Jesus Christ!" "Jesus Christ!" Steve and Eddie both said at the same time.