Chapter Twenty-Seven

March 21, 1986

March 21, 1986

Rolling over, Kat was greeted by the morning light streaming through the half-closed curtains of the window, looking over at the clock beside the table, she groaned before reaching over and hitting Steve on the chest. "Hey, wake up. Gotta take Robin to school."

Steve groaned as he rolled over, wrapping an arm around Kat's waist. "Five more minutes." He muttered into her neck as he snuggled into her, as he desperately wanted more sleep.

Since the events during the summer, Kat and Steve's relationship has really taken off; though as Dustin points out that nothing really changed, only that they were a couple and did 'couple things' now. When they weren't working or playing chauffeur for the now group of teenagers, they were with each other either on little dates or just enjoying each other's company. More often than not Kat would sleep over at Steve's house; his parents didn't mind or at least they didn't voice it aloud to either one. His mother did have one request, no grandchildren until marriage. Meanwhile, Kat's mother was beyond excited for Kat and Steve as a couple when she finally heard the news, claiming she is already counting down the days until the proposal. Claudia is constantly getting on Dustin's case who complains when the couple doesn't want to drive him somewhere or already has date plans.

"Steven Harrington, as much as I enjoy your snuggles; Robin will kill us if we are late, it's a big day for her."

Steve groaned again, opening one eye. "Fine. Only you join me in the shower."

Thinking that over, Kat quickly shook her head. "No can do, your mom's home; remember last time? --- I still don't know why you didn't lock the door."

"Excuse me for being distracted." Steve smiled over at her, leaning in he kissed her forehead. "Take yours first so I can get a few more minutes of sleep." He said before snuggling into the pillow.

After they both finished getting ready, Kat climbs into the backseat as Robin claims dibs in the morning for the front passenger seat, Steve rolls his eyes complaining about how odd it looks with her always in the back. His complaining usually lasts until they pick up Robin who then gets in and changes all topics.

This morning's topic was Steve complaining about some high school girls who have been making fun of and flirting with him. "I'm telling you, Heidi, she's going to college and she keeps going on and on about how fit I used to be; but she keeps making these eyes at me." He briefly looks over at her. "Robin, are you listening?"

"Uh, yes."

"What did I just say?"

"Something about Linda," Robin answered half asleep.

"No, I'm talking about Heidi."

Kat popped her head in between the two. "Keep talking about Heidi, Linda, don't give a fuck who; you'll be sleeping alone for a week."