Chapter 12

Author's Note

Hello! Hope you enjoy this Chapter!

                                                                                                                                  - Adelle

Editor's note

Enjoy the chapter! Mwah!

                                                                                                                                  ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Fp/n trudged onto the castle grounds, exhausted beyond description. Your ankle screaming in pain at you, you felt like someone had torn most of the skin off of your right side, and your hands were stinging like crazy. You could feel your blood trickle down your palms. Fp/n was limping as well but was also carrying a lump of black goo and bones on their back. Nightmare had no doubt taken the worst out of the fight. You wouldn't be surprised if he had a few broken ribs.

You led Fp/n over to the same shaded area where you had tied them before. You honestly didn't know what you could do for Fp/n. You were no vet and you never really needed to heal Fp/n, they could usually walk off whatever small injury they had and be fine the next day.

You helped Nightmare off of Fp/n's back and after giving Fp/n a reassuring pat, the two of you limped slowly up the stairs to the doors of his castle. You pushed one of the doors open with both hands, leaving blood on the door. You and Nightmare then trudged towards the fireplace. When you walked in, there was a large hallway that led to the fireplace.

The fireplace always had a large crackling fire with two large seats in front of it and two long stairways on either side of the fireplace, one leading to the west wing, the other to your room. Next to those stairways were two more hallways, one leading to the dining area, another you thought Horror and Error said something about a library. Finally, you reached the fireplace.

The fireplace was a cozy little area. Along the stones lining the fireplace was an amazingly detailed painting of a vine-like tree that held a purple apple here and there. Two black chairs sat near the fireplace over a fluffy deep purple carpet.

You limped over to the closest chair and dropped Nightmare on the chair as gently as you could. Immediately after Nightmare's weight had left you, you felt a wave of relief. It was surprising how heavy he was. After all, he was just bones and goop... right? You decided not to think about that anymore. You let out a sigh of relief and leaned against the side of the chair, completely drained of energy.

You turned to Nightmare. "So. Should I call the others or something?" 

Nightmare let out a weak chuckle. "If you want Cherry to kill us then go on ahead.

You gave him a flat look. "Ok, mister vague sauce." 

You inhaled deeply, ready to scream for the others, when, "No no no! I'm serious! Ok, just, let me do something."