Chapter 26

Author's Note

This was fun to write, hope you enjoy!

                                                                                                                     - Adelle

Editor's note

I am excite! I love dances! 

                                                                                                                      ~ Valery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Cherry and Nightmare both seem in a rush, this ball can't be that important, after all, it was put together so hastily. It's not like he's going to propose or anything. Right?' You thought suspiciously, as you turned around to face the most gorgeous dress you had seen in your entire life.

The dress was a bright yellow. Below the bust, the dress flared and puffed with innumerable layers of lace. The torso of the dress was decorated with a gorgeous design of silver and yellow. The straps were designed to hang comfortably off of your shoulders.

You reached out to caress the magnificent dress. The lace was undoubtedly one of the softest things you've ever felt. The silver and yellow design wasn't coarse or rough, it was sewn with a gentle thread that wouldn't itch. 

"ARE YOU GETTING DRESSED, HUNNY?" Cherry shouted, snapping you out of your trance.

"Sorry, no, I was just admiring the dress." 

You heard Cherry chuckle behind the door, then say, "WHY, THANK YOU, BUT YOU NEED TO GET DRESSED NOW WHILE I PREPARE YOUR MAKEUP." 

"Ok!" You called back. You began to dress. It fit on easily, but you had a little trouble with the zipper. After asking for Cherry's assistance, it was on. You looked in the mirror and admired the dress.

"IT LOOKS WONDERFUL ON YOU." Cherry said from next to you.

You looked down and smiled, saying, "Thank you. Do you think Nightmare will like it?" 

Cherry's smile widened and he replied, "I KNOW HE WILL, HE CHOSE THE COLORS. NOW, LET'S GET YOU YOUR JEWELRY AND YOUR MAKEUP DONE." You followed Cherry to the dresser, thinking to yourself.

'Nightmare chose the colors? That's a little odd considering his color palette seems to only consist of blues, blacks, purples, and other dark hues.' You sat down at the dresser and looked at yourself in the mirror. Cherry used his magic to place yellow rose earrings on you, a stunning yellow necklace, and a beautiful ring on your right hand.

He then began to use his magic to do your makeup and hair. "So-" 

"SH! I HAVEN'T DONE THIS IN QUITE A FEW YEARS, I NEED TO FOCUS." You giggled, then let him work. After a few minutes of silence, your hair looked gorgeous. You smiled and was about to compliment the hairstyle, when Cherry said, "ALMOST DONE, JUST WAIT A LITTLE..."