Chapter 21

Author's Note

Sorry it's been a while since we've updated! Please enjoy this chapter of fluff!

                                                                                                             - Adelle

Editor's note

Literally been like five minutes- but yep! Time to make the Hawaiian haystacks!

                                                                                                              ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You remembered your mission and began listing off your needed ingredients and supplies. "i'll be back with the ingredients soon, m'lady." 

You smiled at Slim and said, "Thank you!" You turned to the others and said, "Alright, let's claim an area for our own." 

"Alright." Dust said, and followed you to the island.

You picked up Cross and placed him on the counter, therefore claiming the area. "WhAt ShOuLd We dO?" Error asked, sounding bored. 

"Well, until Slim gets everything ready, wait, I suppose." You said uncertainly. Error grumbled, and Dust began to speak with Error, scolding him or talking to him, you'll never know.

You turned to Cross, faced the opposite direction, and, placing both hands on the counter, jumped up on the counter beside Cross. "So, how are you?" You asked casually, swinging your legs lazily. 

"Pretty good, how about you?" Cross asked politely. 

"I'm good..." You trailed off into awkward silence, before you asked, "Who were you before, well, the curse happened?"

Cross straightened, then looked away sadly. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to!" You said abruptly, when you noticed his discomfort. 

"No, no, it's alright, it's just been awhile." He assured you. He then took a breath and said, "I used to live a happy life with my brother and with everyone else on the Surface." 

"Your home?" You asked. 

"Yeah... anyway! Everything was great until... some people decided it wasn't good enough. They destroyed my world to try and make it better." 

"Oh.." You said quietly.

"So I began to rebuild my world." 

"Oh!" You exclaimed excitedly. 

"I stole pieces from other's worlds. It was harmless and helpful."