Chapter 27

Author's Note

Hope you enjoy! Also, my new favorite word is splendiferous.

                                                                                                                        - Adelle

Editor's note

Prepare to prepare.

                                                                                                                         ~ Valery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You smiled and took his hand. "Yes, you may." 

Nightmare beamed, then began to lead you down a large staircase that spread outwards the farther down it traveled. As you walked downwards, you noticed the detailing of the ballroom floor. It was a bright gold with thin puffs of purple. It looked as if the floor was dyed water and deep purple food coloring was pluming upwards.

The room was truly a sight to be seen; it looked like something from a dream. Nightmare led you straight through the center of the room. You looked upwards to better behold the chandelier. The sculptures of vines that crept up the sides of the walls met to twist and form a great tree that hung upside down from the ceiling. Purple and gold weaved throughout the tree and each apple let off a splendiferous light that filled the entire room.

He led you to a large table and pulled a chair out for you. You sat down, the layers of your dress making a very comfy seat. He then retreated and sat himself across the table. Like any other dinner, Nightmare Papyruses filled the room. The only differences were they were all wearing suits and the food they held looked more like a work of art then food.

Each plate was decorated with delicate designs of purple and gold and the food was placed decoratively in small portions in the middle of each plate. The plates served to compliment each dish, and the aroma that filled the room was mouthwatering. A Nightmare Papyrus strode up to you and proudly presented his dish. You smiled and nodded. You honestly had no idea what the food even was but it looked delectable.

You began to understand why the food was placed in such small portions as the line of Nightmare Papyruses seemed to never end. After what seemed like an eternity, the last Nightmare Papy offered a dish of chocolate baklava to you. You nodded and he placed the contents of his dish onto your plate. Dusk then walked from behind the last Nightmare Papyrus and awaited your approval and dismissal.

You smiled and said, "This meal looks amazing! I thought the other meals were fancy, but this! Nothing can top this." You complimented. 

Dusk puffed out his chest and smiled proudly. "I'M GLAD YOU THINK SO, MY DAWN." He then turned to look at Nightmare.

He nodded and said, "This is perhaps your best meal yet, Dusk." Dusk seemed to puff his chest out further and he nodded to both of you and vanished, as usual.