Chapter 32

Author's Note

Prepare for more fighting! Hope you enjoy!

                                                                                                                              - Adelle

Editor's note

Time for the Beast vs Gaston fight!

                                                                                                                               ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare stood, leaning on the balcony, watching the mob flee. 'Fighting was useless. We have gained nothing.' Nightmare thought numbly to himself. Only when he heard a voice behind him did he turn his gaze away from the gardens. 

"Hello, Beast." Nightmare turned to see a muscular man with a bow and arrow in his hands. His left arm was bound in a tapestry he had undoubtedly ripped.

Nightmare looked through him then turned to look back at the gardens. Bradley let out a mad laugh. "Is that really..." Bradley paused to let out another howl of laughter. "Is that really how you greet me?? Your bringer of death??" Bradley lowered his bow to shake his head. He let out another chuckle, before glaring fiercely at Nightmare and aiming his bow back to Nightmare. "Pathetic."

Nightmare lowered his head and closed his eyes. "She really cared for you?? A worthless, cowardly beast?" Nightmare's heart throbbed with pain as Bradley spoke of the only one who he could ever truly love. "Don't you know who I am, Beast?" Bradley began to step closer to Nightmare, snarling unfeelingly. "I'm her fiancé. When I kill you, I'll take your body and hang it above our fireplace."

Nightmare straightened, then turned abruptly and hissed, "What do you mean, our fireplace?

Bradley let out another laugh, "You actually care for her! That's hilarious. You think she could ever love you?? I mean, that when I take your dead body with me, I will marry Y/n, then display your body proudly in me and Y/n's home." 

"Y/n is dead. You killed her yourself." Nightmare flared his tentacles and Bradley's eyes and smile widened insanely.

"That's more like it! I assure you, Y/n is quite alive and is waiting in my village to be married immediately." 

Nightmare began to step closer to Bradley, anger swelling up inside of him. "You're lying.

Bradley howled with laughter then began to circle Nightmare. "Tsk tsk. Someone's in denial." He laughed, enjoying Nightmare's torment. Nightmare's eyes narrowed and he flicked his hand.

A small portal appeared before them and Nightmare saw Y/n in a crowd of people, a large bruise on her forehead and looking terribly distressed. Nightmare's eyes widened and he caused the portal to disappear. Nightmare met Bradley's smug gaze.