True Friends

//Naruto's Point of View//-

I felt the harsh sunlight hit my eye lids- ugh. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the mornings day-break. Today I returned to classes- after my two days off.

I had to use a wheel chair until they try to find a way for me to recover my bottom half- although I'm sure this is permanent. I was used to being helpless.

I dragged myself to the wheel chair and climbed in it. I was already exhausted. I couldn't wait to deal with everyone's deadly glares and whispers about how useless and pathetic I am.

Usually you'd expect for people to worry and treat you kindly and warmly after an accident- but that's not the case for me. Instead of fangirls I had haters. I knew not everyone liked deaf kids- and I'm not exactly as high classed as everyone else in my school.

I rolled my wheel chair out the front door- I decided on skipping breakfast since I was too tired. It was going to be a long day.

~

Once approaching my class room with Kakashi sensei, I caught view of a certain red-head. Gaara.

Although I had lost one entire month of memory- I still remembered Gaara. We had been friends way before college and highschool, so of course I'd remember him. Hopefully he'd be able to catch me up on everything I've missed.

The red-head turned to me and quickly rushed my way. "Naruto! How are you?! Why are you in a wheel chair- was it because of the accident?" He eagerly questioned.

I looked at him in awe- I hadn't heard anything he said. He spoke too quickly. 'What?' Was all I mouthed.

He looked down at me sadly- even he must've forgotten I was deaf. "I'm sorry- I forgot...I'm so stupid. How are you? Why are you in a wheel chair?" He signed swiftly and clearly.

"Everything from my waist below is paralyzed and one month of my memories was lost" I signed in return. He looked angry and flustered- did he know what happened?

Before anything else could happen Kakashi sensei had forced us inside class.

Mocking eyes were glared towards me, giggling and whispers spread like wildfire. Soon enough I was the laughing stock of the class. Gaara silently glared at them. I almost felt like crying but didn't dare give them another reason to laugh.

I saw as my so called close-friend Sasuke sat in the back. He hadn't even spared a glance at me, he was so focused writing god knows what.

Gaara must have noticed my intense staring and poked my forehead playfully before signing something, what did the Uchiha jerk do to you this time? His hands swiftly questioned.

Jerk?

I looked up to him in awe. What do you mean? I mouthed slowly. He gave me a confused glance, then realization had hit him.

'Oh- yeah I forgot you lost your memory. Anyway, Sasuke Uchiha usually bullied you or deaf kids in general. He thought he was Mr.big shot ya know?' He signed quickly before the teacher noticed our silent conversation.