Chapter 13: The Plan

After I had bandaged myself up, the first thing I did was go to a clothing store. I bought myself a new pair of pants that were the same brand and style as the other, so my family wouldn't find it suspicious. I also had purchased a new pair of shoes, that looked similar enough to the other ones. The employees in that store were gawking at me, as if I just got barfed up by a dog. Because that's about what I looked like.

Anyways, I look fine now. My clothing doesn't look like it had been burnt or torn. I made sure to rip off the price tags, so I don't end up with my family realizing that these are new clothes. That's basically just a trope in a teenage drama. I brushed out my hair and put it in a new braid, so I look good as new.

After that, I went to the party store and picked up a flare, and broke into Oliver's secret hideout to put it there. I used the other one to cauterize Rose Wilson's wound, remember? I'm just trying to prevent problems before they start.

I also picked up my packages from Amazon. I dropped them off in a backyard close to 104 Waterer Street, the place where I'll get picked up in the morning. Those boxes are filled with parts I need in order to finish building my nanosuit. Let's just hope that nobody takes them.

It is now four in the morning, and I'm hanging out in the Glades. I'm in a back alley, of course. I don't need the thugs going after me right now, especially when I'm both injured and unfocused due to my exhaustion.

My spine starting tingling, which symbolized that someone was coming behind me. I turned around, and spotted a dark figure on a roof, in the distance. That must be Rose Wilson.

Her training is pretty good, that's for sure. She found me in like- an instant.

I basically just stood there blinking, watching as Rose gracefully leaped across the rooftops. The moonlight was shining on her snow white hair, and it was blowing in the wind around her. I would've said she looked like an angel, if it wasn't for the fact that she's probably killed just as much people as I have over the years.

At last, she jumped down from the last rooftop needed to reach me.

She softly landed right in front of me, looking as carefree as ever. She really nailed that landing, that's for sure.

"So, have you made up your mind about my offer?" I asked.

"Yes. Indeed I have," Rose began. "I think it could be a convenient opportunity for me, if I had you on my side. I can give you all the information you need in order to defeat Slade, and end his reign of terror."

Great! Rose probably knows her father even better than he knows himself. However, there's still one thing I have to ask.

"What's the catch?" I asked, as there is always something that you have to do in return for a favour.

"Well... Slade isn't the only man that'll unleash a reign of terror soon." Rose stated.

"Continue." I replied blankly.

"If you want my help to stop Slade, then I want your help to stop Malcolm Merlyn." Said Rose, making my eyes widen in surprise.

Malcolm Merlyn. The CEO of the Merlyn Global Group. The crappy father of Tommy Merlyn, my father's best friend. The ex-member of the League of Assassins, known as Al Sa-her, or 'The Magician' in English. He has a close alliance with my mother. That sad excuse for a man used to help train me. And by train, I mean spar for twelve hours until you almost pass out from blood loss and exhaustion.

Malcolm Merlyn is one of the most brutal men I have ever met. He's not quite as bad as Slade Wilson, but he's about the next tier down.

"So... what exactly is Malcolm Merlyn trying to do?" I asked, not showing any concern in my tone.